Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT SpeedTest Not Working

chandu
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

BT SpeedTest Not Working

Hi Guys,
For past 7 days I am getting following Error Message when running the BT Speed Test:  Sad
ERROR
"The Performance Tester is currently unable to run a speed test for your broadband connection. Please try again shortly, however if this problem persists, raise the issue with your service provider."
I wonder if it just my exchange or is it general?
Chandu.[color=red][/color]
13 REPLIES 13
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: BT SpeedTest Not Working

It's working for me and giving the expected results.
David
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Working for me too but not with IE9 (for some reason that stopped working a couple of months ago) but OK with Firefox.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
chandu
Rising Star

Quote from: walker23
Working for me too......... but OK with Firefox.

May I ask wich version of Firefox is it you use?  Mine is version 3.6.24.
Chandu.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

My test was done with Firefox 8.0. Going to try IE9 when my '1 hour interval' expires.
Edit: IE9 worked too - similar test result. Computer running Vista Home Premium.
David
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Currently using 'Nightly' (testing version of FF), never had a problem with it so have stuck with it for a couple of months now.
Never resolved my IE9 problem with BT speedtester, I thought it was likely a Java problem but uninstall/reinstall of Java did not fix it for me  so just stopped using IE9.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

The BT speedtester was down (probably for 21CN customers only) nearly all of last wednesday according to a thread on the Broadband board, but it's been OK for me since then (Win7/IE9)
TheIslander
Grafter

Quote from: JayG
The BT speedtester was down (probably for 21CN customers only) nearly all of last wednesday according to a thread on the Broadband board, but it's been OK for me since then (Win7/IE9)

I agree I am a 21CN customer and it does not work for me.
JayG
Pro

Hmm, obviously didn't explain myself very well!  Sad
I am a 21CN customer and was affected last wednesday but the BT speedtester has worked fine since then.  Smiley
chandu
Rising Star

Hi all,
Just carried out the BT Speed test.  It worked; but only did the download speed test giving me the IP profile etc. and gave me only the download test. NO upload speed test.  Sad
Are there any changes to this test now? 
Regards,
Chandu.
JayG
Pro

Think I'm right in saying that you only get both tests if you are on ADSL2+ (that was certainly the case for me anyway.)
chandu
Rising Star

Quote from: JayG
Think I'm right in saying that you only get both tests if you are on ADSL2+ (that was certainly the case for me anyway.)

Ahhh, that explains why it did not do the upload speed test.
Can PlusNet Digital team member confirm this?
Chandu.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I thought it was the case that you'd only be invited to do further tests if a fault was found on the first one, though could be wrong. I'll try and find more.
chandu
Rising Star

Quote from: Matt
invited to do further tests if a fault was found on the first one, though could be wrong. I'll try and find more.

Thanks Matt.  Will appreciate if you can find out more and let us know.
Chandu.