Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Smart Hub 2 trials

bill888
Champion
Fixes: 38

BT Smart Hub 2 trials

I read on ISPreview that BT are about to start trials of a new Smart Hub 2.

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2018/09/isp-bt-set-to-trial-new-faster-smart-hub-2-broadband-r...

hmm, I wonder if Plusnet fibre users will be offered what will be the soon to be discontinued 'Smart Hub' next year ?

(EE customers are supplied with rebadged Smart Hub type B)

ex-Plusnet (ADSL, FTTC) 2008-2023. now BT (FTTP) 2023-
6 REPLIES 6
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Re: BT Smart Hub 2 trials

Interesting spec.   SOGEA out of the box will support the BT plan to steadily remove copper from the network?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Someone's not been honouring the NDA agreement 🙄

Edit: for clarification, I'm talking about the person who's spoken to ISPr, not anyone round these parts Smiley

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

bill888
Champion
Fixes: 38

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

If this becomes the new standard BT device then the Smarthub 6 will be considered obsolete.

Maybe this will result in it becoming the standard issue Plusnet offering, after of course, putting it into a white case with garish pink feet so that it looks suitably cheap and nasty.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

toggie101
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Maybe this will result in it becoming the standard issue Plusnet offering, after of course, putting it into a white case with garish pink feet so that it looks suitably cheap and nasty.

I agree - Plusnet's decisions with the Hub One have baffled me, it really does reflect them as a 'cheap & nasty' undesirable brand...probably not their intention.

As a result my mum insists her hub must be hidden away from sight, which doesn't help wrt optimal location for WiFi coverage.

I'm a little more forgiving, my walls are white so it blends in a bit, but I've put white tape over the obnoxious pink branding - not ideal, but a compromise between aesthetics and practicality.

It's a real marketing 'own goal'. But maybe we're the weird tiny minority...probably not.

My mum's WiFi and taste requirements would really appreciate a new Plusnet Smart Hub 6 in a classier black/charcoal case with subtly small grey branding (if there has to be any branding at all!) and without the ridiculously oversized, overly bright led. If needs must, I'll buy her a BT one off ebay.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Go on, spoil her for Christmas. Recently I paid less that £20 for a new Business Smarthub 6. The light is not only shrouded but can be either dimmed or switched off completely. The Wifi is better too. Setting up instructions are here https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Using-the-BT-Smarthub-6-on-a-Plusnet-Account/m-p/1587673#M85...

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'