cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Openreach

Fireant
Grafter

BT Openreach

well had a order in for fibre not any more due to them retards bt  openreach  so no longer in contract and can leave plusnet anytime  Smiley two appointments and still didn't get fibre installed which is pathetic . filed a complaint also with the idiots . so time to look about maybe change providers .
since PN cannot get me fibre .
jim:red All caps in title changed as per Forum Rules mod:end
54 REPLIES 54
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Re: BT OPENREACH

Hi,
Do not want to pour petrol on your fire, but if the failure to provide what you asked for is with BT Openreach, why do you think changing providers (someone different to PN) is going to improve your situation?  It will be the same BT Openreach attempting to provide the service connection... changing providers at this stage is only likely to lead to complications - open order from PN on BTOR's systems preventing any other ISP placing an order.  BTOR's provisioning systems are notorious for "dirty" supplier swaps.
...I suggest that your best bet is to remain with PN and let them rattle BTOR's cage to get you a confirmed (possibly escalated) install.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

It took longer than I thought for one of the PN groupies to make excuses!
" remain with PN and let them rattle BTOR's cage" They daren't though, dare they. BT are operating their strings. Anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded.
billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Quote from: Townman
let them rattle BTOR's cage

If only.
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

Re: BT Openreach

It really is a shame that BTOR's service is so patchy nationwide. Locally, here on the Dorset/ Hampshire border the engineers I have had contact with have always provided a first class service, delivered in a cheerful & friendly manner.
If everyone was fortunate to receive my level of service from both PN & OR then the world would be a happier place.  Smiley
Fireant
Grafter

if im going to keep adsl might aswell try some different provider as im thinking bout getting sky broadband see what they can do granted wasn't plusnets fault why im leaving but im going to look into it .
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Quote from: tijara33
It really is a shame that BTOR's service is so patchy nationwide. Locally, here on the Dorset/ Hampshire border the engineers I have had contact with have always provided a first class service, delivered in a cheerful & friendly manner.
If everyone was fortunate to receive my level of service from both PN & OR then the world would be a happier place.  Smiley

My location too and I agree. Same goes for otherunrealated services too, so perhaps local work culture may also be  a factor in some cases?
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Fireant,
I'm very sorry to hear the Fibre service wasn't installed successfully due to the engineer not showing up.
If you wish to carry on with the upgrade then I can arrange another appointment for you and monitor this until completion, alternatively, if you wish to remain on ADSL2+ then please confirm this is the case so that the order for Fibre can be cancelled.
Fireant
Grafter

thanks for reply im thinking bout getting mac code and leaving as I could of had an appointment and the earliest was next Wednesday even tho ive already had two appointments and both times didn't show up as been on to sky live chat and I don't need a engineer to have fibre with them so might be going with them .
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Not quite accurate
You don't need an engineer to visit your house but you do need an engineer to make the necessary changes in the Cab
Fireant
Grafter

yeah that's true but the good thing is least you don't have to wait in for the loons if they arrive or not but they have to go to the cabinet .
Fireant
Grafter

well been on to PN and mac code should get tomorrow and they have cancelled the fibre off there systems also .
drunkenmonkey
Grafter

Good luck! Sky billing system is awful and that's just the tip of the iceberg!
Fireant
Grafter

thanks buntrob  its no fault of my own why am leaving due to the trollop of openreach  and you wonder why no one gets bt broadband  no wonder they get slagged off because they totally useless they need a kick up the jacksy lol  Smiley
RJM
Rising Star

Good luck Fireant - I was with Sky and had absolutely no problems with their service or billing. (or problems leaving them.)