cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Awfull service.

Kirkmichael

Awfull service.

Well, it seems that this post is too similar to a previous post I made on a different thread so it was removed.  At least that’s what I was told when I questioned it.  To be fair it was also pointed out that names of agents are not allowed and is against forum rules so I have blanked the names in this post.
Anyway, my points still stand so I'm posting it again.  Maybe I will get a reaction from somebody who cares more about customer service than duplicate postings.

Unfortunately if my experience of dealing with Plusnet over the last few weeks is indicative, they are slowly sinking to the bottom of the awful customer service pond.  What a shame, they used to be so good.
Let me start my saying I am not a newbie, I have been with Plusnet almost from the beginning and was so impressed by my early experience that I recommended them to many friends and now use Plusnet at two different locations.  I even get referral payments however; four weeks ago I started a house move and tried to contact Plusnet to arrange the cease of my old account and its transfer to my new house. 
What a disaster! 
I have had to ring Plusnet several times trying to get this sorted and on every occasion have spent well in excess of 10 min just trying to get through.  On one occasion I waited 15 min.  I have only once managed to speak to someone who I assume from his grasp of English was based in the UK.  On all other occasions I have had to struggle to explain the problems to people with a very poor grasp of English who I imagine are in an overseas call centre somewhere.  Every few min they would ask me to hold to get advice before coming back to me with a standard reply to a question I had not asked.
Frankly the service I have received on this occasion is appalling.  It is now four weeks since I asked for the changeover and whilst my telephone is working my broadband is still not.  On Friday last I spent over 25 min on the phone trying to get an indication of when my broadband would be back up, the best I could get was "normal time is 5 working days" and even though my order was already overdue a reluctant commitment that it should be working my Wednesday the 11th.  Today is the 11th and still no broadband, instead the following emails.

Dear Mr H,
Your order has now been re-submitted. Please allow 5 - 7 days for this to complete.
REF:1-QM366Z
Date of completion:18-03-09
The next action on your Help Assistant Question is due on Wednesday 18th March at 9:00am. This Question will remain open with the BOT - DSL Provisioning until this time. Additional information is provided below:
Kind regards,

So basically, my order that I have already waited two weeks for is being resubmitted and I am expected to wait until the 18th, three weeks after my order was originally placed.
Then this,

Dear Mr H.
I have tried contacting you today. we have had to resubmit your order as your new number is **********  i am sorry for the delay on this order if there is any problems with this ring us on 08451400200
The next action on your Help Assistant Question is due on Friday 13th March at 9:00am. This Question will remain open with the BOT - DSL Provisioning until this time. Additional information is provided below:
Kind regards,

Of course you could not contact me ********,, like most of the population I work during the day.  What has my new number got to do with anything?  I just want my broadband and fixed IP running so my server is back up and online.
GET your act together Plusnet, this is not the way to retain customer loyalty.
A very fed up and angry
Michael Hambly  Cry
PS I wonder whether this post will be removed, I wish Plusnet were so quick at sorting out problems.
5 REPLIES 5
Fletch
Grafter

Re: Awfull service.

Michael;
Apologies for the problems you've had.  Let me pick this up with one of the team tomorrow and get you an update, and hopefully a resolution.
Thanks
Fletch
petejackson
Grafter

James has replied to another of your posts here: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,74843.msg596690.html#msg596690
I'm sorry you've had problems with your housemove and hope that our resolution meets with your approval.
tgr
Grafter

The reason plusnet is going down the pan is because they have been taken over by BT.  The plusnet staff themselves I have found to be great but how long before they get demoralized and start to leave.  They will be replaced with people who do not care and have not got plusnet loyalty.  So three cheers for the present plusnet staff who obviously will not comment on this fact as they do not want to lose their jobs, I hope you all stay lads and lasses because we do not want to lose some of the best staff I have ever dealt with on an ISP.
http://www.ispreview.co.uk/ ; have a look at this to see how low BT rates tiscali is the only one lower.
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

They have already started to leave from the top down and replaced by BT bods Sad
itsme
Grafter

Quote from: Kirkmichael
What has my new number got to do with anything?  I just want my broadband and fixed IP running so my server is back up and online.
GET your act together Plusnet, this is not the way to retain customer loyalty.

Because the telephone number is used to identify the line. So is it sorted now and how did PN get the wrong telephone number?