cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestion: Put date and time on each entry of a support ticket

mapletree
Grafter

Suggestion: Put date and time on each entry of a support ticket

It would be very handy to put a date & time stamp on each entry in a support ticket.  This would make it easier for me to see how long the ticket has remained unanswered.
5 REPLIES 5
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Suggestion: Put date and time on each entry of a support ticket

Do you mean fault tickets or Questions? I've luckily not had to raise a Fault and it's a while since I raised a ticket/question, but the latter have date and time of every response.
mapletree
Grafter

I am reporting a fault via the normal "Help Assistant" (My Questions).  I am not aware of a different system.  None of the entries have a timestamp.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

If you're reporting a BB fault via http://faults.plus.net/ (login needed) I'm not sure where it goes having been lucky enough not to have had to use it, but if it eventually takes you to https://www.plus.net/my.html?action=questions&?helpheader=questions (login also required), then that's very odd. We'll have to wait for James or Mand to come along or someone that's done it recently.
prichardson
Grafter

Each an every ticket will have a time and date stamped against each one, so I thought I would check anyway.
Logged into my own account and all good, the timestamps are there.
Logged into your own account and was shocked to say "oh my god, he's right, they are missing".
I then spotted the fatal error on my own part and likely your own Cheesy
Guy to the content within the ticket, the page has expanded to include a horizontal scroll bar. If you move it right, you will see the dates and times on the right.
This is an unforunate side effect of the rather long lines contained in parts of the message headers you have provied.
mapletree
Grafter

Thanks for pointing that out.  Perhaps the page should be changed to wrap long lines of text?