cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Awful customer service

pali888
Dabbler

Awful customer service

Hi, I'm a long standing PN customer, and for some reason my billing is telling me I will be charged £15 extra this month for additional usage, despite having a restriction that should prevent any added to my bill beyond a small amount.

So I went to raise a ticket, but the option is gone. Why? Why can I now not directly or easily contact customer support to raise a ticket. This is really poor.

The online chat option is non-operational as it's too late, just gone 9pm, and I dont' want to call and sit on the phone for ages for this.

I can't believe I've no simple way to contact them about why they will charge me £15 extra this month. Disgusting.

Help? What can I do? Not happy at all. Fed up of trying to find a way to log a ticket.

Update: Managed to link to online chat but it won't connect says I am 17th in the queue!!!! How long will I have to wait, totally unknown and already too long. Fed up. Gave up now, can't be bothered to waste my time with the online chats, as they are usually rubbish and can't do much. What a waste of time, and awful customer service.

What's happened to PN's customer care, this is really poor. 

12 REPLIES 12
Fotherington

Re: Awful customer service

Totally agree about the decline in customer service.  I'm typing this while repeatedly listening to PlusNet's "sorry for making you wait" message on the phone line.  Don't know why  they removed the online raise a ticket option as this used to be a great way to get a response from them.

I tried the online chat option as well, only to get a message saying the chat time weren't available.  Hopeless!

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @pali888 apologies for any confusion or concern this matter has raised.

Looking at your account we are actually only charging an additional £5 for additional data, not the £15 another page is currently showing.

I believe this may have been caused due to the fact that the data cap was set prior to the price increase coming in to effect. As you have a £17.99 data cap set and the previous cost of the package was £7.99 before any additional data, this would obviously allow you an extra £10 in additional data.

Since the price of your package increased from £7.99 to £8.99 at the start of September, the data cap will in theory allow an amount which should not be an option as additional data is added in 5GB blocks at £5 per block, with only £9 in additional data being allowed by the old cap.

This has obviously caused some confusion on the system, but despite seeming to allow you past the data cap, only £5 is showing in additional charges to be applied on your next invoice.

I hope this clears things up.

Have you considered upgrading from your current package with a data cap, to one of our newer unlimited packages?

If you were to move on to unlimited broadband (Without phone) on a new 12 month contract, it would be £13.49 with unlimited usage. Whereas the current package is £8.99 for 10GB and then £5 per 5GB block following this.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

The utterly stupid total price cap as opposed to a cap set on the additional usage cost strikes again!

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

HarryB This has obviously caused some confusion on the system, Crazy3

Hence why were were suposed to be getting a new billing system ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,5 years ago Lips_are_sealed

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Upgrading the billing system wouldn't necessarily fix any problems with a data transfer cap that is rarely used any more as the vast majority of customers are now on unlimited packages and we no longer sell the packages with usage allowances.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
stoswald
Grafter

@HarryB  something needs to be done to the accounts system fast as you are overcharging many customers who intern raise tickets as they can't wait for an hour or more to speak to someone on the phone.  Please see my posting on the Accounts/Billing page, even your CEO can't be bothered to reply.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero

FAST ?? Roll_eyes  PN never

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

@stoswald - I've picked up your thread.

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@stoswald wrote:

@HarryB  something needs to be done to the accounts system fast as you are overcharging many customers

The problem this thread is regarding hasn't caused overcharging to my knowledge.

The account has charged £5 for additional data on an account that had a £10 cap and actually allowed up to 10/15GB of additional data (up to £15).

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
pali888
Dabbler

Well so far no one has called me despite being asked to, and no I don't understand a) why my package price has just risen without me being aware, why the cap has then altered, again not aware of that, and then why does it show an additional £15 charge if that is only £5.

I am REALLY fed up that I now appear to be unable to contact anyone using the old normal raise a ticket method, and when I have tried to call, am not going to be kept waiting on the phone for ages, I just can't practically do that.

As a long standing and before happy customer, I am now really fed up. I am out of contract and considering my options elsewhere now and to be only able to contact you about such a matter via an open forum is quite frankly ridiculous and unprofessional and I am totally fed up of dealing with pathetic customer service in any company.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero

HarryB, yes ok this time it may have not made any difference.
But it would have saved the system getting confused.
End of the day a new system being promised for so long shows a definite lack of support for customers
pali888
Dabbler

Or more to the point no one has contacted me to properly explain the charges or situation. An online forum is not the correct way to give a customer personal and private feedback. Yes it helps others, but its shoddy.

I am now leaning towards leaving plus net after years of being a customer. One thing I don't want from any company I use is rubbish customer service on the occasional times I need to contact them. It is ridiculous I can't log a ticket or get through to speak to anyone, complete failure of service and support.