Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Awards

glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Awards

PlusNet may get awards for many things but one thing they won't get an award for is the speed of their web site, in particulare the portal. Waiting for the pages to load is like watching paint dry. Goodness knows what it's run on but I've run web servers on old PC XT's  many times faster. Come on PlusNet people have been complaining about this for years do something about it.
27 REPLIES 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Awards

I load at around one page per second, many pages !
chandu
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Quote from: glloyd
....but one thing they won't get an award for is the speed of their web site,......... Come on PlusNet people....

To some extent I agree with glloyd.  I suffer from exactly same issue/s.  However, in my case I have put it down to my line length and the maximum achieveable speed.  I wonder if glloyd suffers from the same causes as mine i.e. how good is your line speed?
Chandu.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

It can be slow and it isn't down to line speed for me Smiley
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Quote from: dvorak
It can be is always slow
Angry
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

fair point..
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

It isn't quick.
Being on the 80/20 Mbps FTTC trial has not made it any quicker either.
Slow to load web pages can be a little frustrating but I'm used to the portal 'taking its time', just put it down to the servers (I'm assuming that PlusNet DOES have a decent internet connection!).
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Quote from: chandu
To some extent I agree with glloyd.  I suffer from exactly same issue/s.  However, in my case I have put it down to my line length and the maximum achieveable speed. 

I think you'd have to be down to less than 512kbps for line speed to be a factor in causing pages to load really slowly, as Plusnet's do. Actually, in my case, it's not the loading per se, but starting to load.
There's no doubt IME that the Plusnet portal is slow, most of the time. Do you not find that most other site's pages load faster?
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Thanks for your feedback guys, as always we're taking it onboard as it's crucial for us to have an quick to load and easy to navigate website.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

In which case why wasn't something done about it when this was raised multiple times in the past  Shocked
gswindale
Grafter

Something was done a while back I seem to recall - but it does seem to have slowed down again.
The pages themselves load fully very fast - it is simply the time from when you submit a URL request to when it starts to be processed that is the issue.
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Quote from: geofftswin
- it is simply the time from when you submit a URL request to when it starts to be processed that is the issue.

Indeed, that is certainly my experience.
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
pierre_pierre
Grafter

and mine, lucky I am a pensioner with time on my hands
avatastic
Grafter

It took 2.6s for the portal to load at work, with liveperson.net being the cause of most of the delay. Probably because the liveperson.net components seem to be being pulled in over https.
F9 member since 4 Sep 1999
F9 ADSL customer since 27 Aug 2004
DLM manages your line the same way DRM manages your rights.
Look at all the pretty graphs! (now with uptime logging!)
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@OldJim,
I really couldn't say, needless to say I'll be personally making sure we push back about this every time we see this mentioned.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team