Did you mean: 

Automatic Upgrade?

Leapy
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 3

Automatic Upgrade?

Is there any such thing as an automatic upgrade for Plusnet customers? Smiley

I'm thinking as a reward for loyalty or as a prize in a competition? Wink

For example, my PN Fibre Broadband (up to 35Mbps) is capped at 23Mbps and 2Mbps, so lifting the caps, (even just a bit),could be a possible customer incentive and one day they may get nearer the potential of the capability.

8 REPLIES 8
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Re: Automatic Upgrade?

Keep on dreaming  Angel

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Leapy
Seasoned Champion

Someone needs to be creative and feed ideas in to the system and who knows, one day, maybe Sky, BT, or Virgin, will look at this PN forum and take the initiative and lead change for all ISPs Wink

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

@Leapy wrote:

Is there any such thing as an automatic upgrade for Plusnet customers? Smiley

I'm thinking as a reward for loyalty or as a prize in a competition? Wink

For example, my PN Fibre Broadband (up to 35Mbps) is capped at 23Mbps and 2Mbps, so lifting the caps, (even just a bit),could be a possible customer incentive and one day they may get nearer the potential of the capability.

you obviously don't have an understanding of why your line is "capped" at 23Mbps.

unless Plusnet are able to bend the laws of physics then you can dream on.

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

The 23Mbps is a limitation of the technology for your length of copper line anyway, so there would be little Plusnet could offer you for that anyway, at least until other technologies come along.

The 2Mbps possibly be increased through.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

The max line speed is determined by what speed the your line can reliably support.

The only benefit long term customers get is to keep some services that are no longer offered, or only offered at an additional charge, to new customers. For example I still get free evening and weekend calls because they were part of the phone package when I signed up. New customers have to pay an additional monthly fee if they want this.

Leapy
Seasoned Champion

chenks76 wrote:

You obviously don't have an understanding of why your line is "capped" at 23Mbps.

unless Plusnet are able to bend the laws of physics then you can dream on.

The past doesn't equal the future.Smiley 

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Quote fixed.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Leapy wrote

Yep! There are newer technologies being developed / deployed - BUT they cost and are unlikely to be given away as prizes as outlined in your original post

chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

@Leapy wrote:

and there is a fine line between idiocy and genius.
i'll leave it to others to decide where on the line this falls.