cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Att Adam Walker - Useage

G3YBO
Grafter

Att Adam Walker - Useage

GM..............Out all day yesterday until 7pm and my useage shows 14Gb......To day after 8am it shows 2.6Gb....So
is the counter at fault ?
Thanks
Roger
20 REPLIES 20
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Att Adam Walker - Useage

Those figures are quite easily achievable on the service you're on. Are you using the wireless on your router and is it secured with WPA?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
G3YBO
Grafter

Hi Chris.................My main PC is hard wired and a laptop on wireless only used midnight till 8am.......No change as to my
downloading......If you check back its 1 Gb a day and maybe up to 4 to 5Gb at weekends.....And as I said out all day on 24th
no Pc on till 7pm......Yes router is WPA and hidden...........
Thanks
Roger
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I've noticed exactly they same thing over the past few months. My usage has not changed in fact it's dropped as I do not run two servers which used to run 24 hours yet the graphs show my usage has rocketed. Where as it used to be 4 or 5 Gig a month with servers running now shows up to 25 Gig.
G3YBO
Grafter

Hi.....................Yes been on FTTC for the last few days and not changed what I do..............I have no PC on 24/7, just the
Plusnet router and BT modem......
Downloading is done midnight to 8am on one PC......
So looks like the clock useage is gone wrong.....
Thanks info
Roger
zubel
Community Veteran

Out of interest, what happened to your old pre-FTTC router?
B.
G3YBO
Grafter

Hi...............Back in its box as Plusnet sent a WMR1000v3 for FTTC.................Roger
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi all,
When looking at this what category of usage is the majority coming under? (i.e Peer2Peer, web etc)
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
G3YBO
Grafter

Hi Adam.......Still find the 24th Thursday when I was away from the house 9am till 7pm strange that it went up to 14Gb....I have
found over the last few days its around 3 to 4Gb but to day its down to 415Mb......So will see how the next few weeks work out.
Its working very well and thanks......
Regards
Roger
G3YBO
Grafter

Sorry Adam to answer your question, Peer to Peer shows 25% usage ?
Thanks
Roger
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi Roger,
Queries of this nature do pop up from time to time so I'll go over the usual ground we need to cover. With the majority of the usage being P2P related I think we need to consider router security first. Are you using wireless? if so we'll need to go through looking at your router config and what methods of authentication are being used.
Following that getting some more specific usage data would help. There's a free program called wireshark that should help with this. If you could install this for us and leave it running during the times when you notice an increase in usage. The resulting logs it gives you might not mean much to yourself but if you can get them over to us on a support ticket then we should be able to make sense of them for you: http://www.wireshark.org/
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
G3YBO
Grafter

Ok Adam will look at this................327Mb to day so back to how it was a few weeks ago......Thanks...............Roger
Vip3r
Grafter

G3YBO,
the WMR1000v3 has an Internet Traffic Meter option, might be worth turning this on and setting the monthly reset to the same day as your billing Date, this will then show you how much usage your router is seeing so you can compare it to Plusnets count. It will not know about the free hours 12-8 but will show the overall amount, Up and Down.
You can also use it to limit your overall usage, but this is optional.
G3YBO
Grafter

Hi Vip3r.........Yes have set the Traffic option thanks.......Roger
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Ok Adam will look at this

No problem, just let me know if you need any more support with this or with getting the logs from wireshark over to us. Re wireless, if you are using that you might want to check that the authentication method is set to WPA rather than WEP.
Adam.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team