Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are Plusnet good?

Labman
Dabbler

Are Plusnet good?

they take away our free international calls
they charge people for not having a direct debit set up even though i do the work myself... i think im getting ripped off?
they try and sell me some extra super package that give me prioritized gaming WHAT THE HELL IS THAT ALL ABOUT... i don't want that, I SHOULDNT NEED THAT.  <trying to sell me thin air... Huh
then put the price up.
36 REPLIES 36
gswindale
Grafter

Re: Are Plusnet good?

Quote from: Labman
they charge people for not having a direct debit set up even though i do the work myself... i think im getting ripped off?

Do you work in PN's credit control department then?  
they try and sell me some extra super package that give me prioritized gaming

They've never actively tried to sell me anything - occasionally I get emails advising of new products; but never have I been forced onto a new package.
I cannot comment about phone calls as I don't use PN for telephone.
then put the price up

All prices I can see are still competitive compared to the competition and let's face it; we're still paying around about the same as we were 5 years ago - compare that to the price of a loaf of bread or a litre of petrol.
dick:green Quote fixed.
Labman
Dabbler

Well to be honest they are slowly losing to virgin because of the 60gb cap.. And dont try and tell me it costs money to shift moneyS from one place to another as its just number in a computer screen nothing more... they didnt do it before so why now?..
Any questions marks above are rhetorical questions. that means do not reply to them because i don't want to read your stupid dribble.
PS. don't stand up for company's .... the worlds ruled by them as it is..  u frickin sheep..
itsme
Grafter

And dont try and tell me it costs money to shift moneyS from one place to another as its just number in a computer screen nothing more... they didnt do it before so why now?..

You are either young or old and losing your memory.
CX
Grafter

Any questions marks above are rhetorical questions. that means do not reply to them because i don't want to read your stupid dribble.

What is the point of this thread exactly? Rhetorical question, of course.
artmo
Aspiring Champion

Oh dear! Just love the grammar Roll_eyes
I wonder how many others will agree with you when you publish the results of your poll Undecided Undecided
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Vote and you'll see the results so far (you'll like it).
We've so many polls like this in the past which get exactly the opposite result to the one the person started it wanted; this one looks like being no exception.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question: Is this thread good or not ?

swindonbaggie

They really are the worst company for customer service. Had a problem the other week and some 'Customer service' (sic) agent called Anne answerde my call in such a beligerent and uncoperative manner I was at a loss for words.
'Good honest Broadband from Yorkshire' - Nah.
Shit Service from Sheffield - Yes.

God help BT if they carrying this charade of a bunch of coniving shysters on. Their portfolio must be pretty empty if they resort to keep this donkey trotting.
Labman
Dabbler

i dont mind you taking the piss out of me. obviously people who like getting ever increasing bill's... stupid people...
artmo
Aspiring Champion

@jelv, I did vote - I was just winding him up.
@labman, my bill hasn't gone up, in fact it's just been reduced for me by the nice people at PN. 
Petard
Rising Star

Are PlusNet good? I've been with them for five years, and I think on the whole the answer is yes. I like the openness - the fact of these fora where one can correct misunderstandings, praise or criticise them in public; the published service statistics; the 03xx numbers to call them on, the announcement when one does call of how long the queue is....
If PN have a weak spot, it's that when one raises a ticket, carefully making it as succinct and pertinent as possible, they don't always read it too closely at first, and answer a question one hasn't asked. This slows things down and makes extra work for everyone.... Nonetheless, in my experience they are still well ahead of BT and Virgin, who each took weeks and weeks to resolve my problems, if they did so at all.
ckcomputing
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Having dealt with many Internet Service Providers over the years (on customers' behalf) I can definitely say that Plusnet are like a breath of fresh air.
1) They have a UK based customer service.
2) The staff are helpful, polite and knowledgeable.
3) They will go that extra mile (kilometre} to ensure a satisfactory conclusion to issues raised.
4) Many of the staff frequent these fora and will always help to solve problems (often in their own time.) Not to mention the many expert members and moderators here.
It never ceases to amaze me how some people are always too ready to criticise without first, at least, giving Plusnet the opportunity to help rectify their problem.
It must be remembered that those who are vociferous in their condemnation of Plusnet are a very small minority compared to the many thousands of satisfied customers.
It is a fact that those customers, in the main, do not frequent these fora.
Rant over - just thought I would also add a little balance to the thread!
Professionals are predictable - it's the amateurs that are dangerous!
CX
Grafter

I don't know what you've got yourself so wound up over. There are a couple of simple solutions:
1) Set up a direct debit (which I think you find will be charged by most companies)
2) Ignore the emails suggesting new or additional products
obviously people who like getting ever increasing bill's...

My bill hasn't increased. You must mean when the VAT increase came into effect right? (just to save you attempting to read that, Plusnet froze their prices). Or is it because you have phone with Plusnet too and you are ignoring the fact that BT line rental prices have also increased?
stupid people...

Hmm
Labman
Dabbler

ok why are people saying that there bill hasnt increased, when they emailed everbody saying a call is 1.1p more plus somthing else and another £1 for line rental.. pn customer service is good admit-tingly.