cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are PlusNet customers being targeted by TT?

glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Are PlusNet customers being targeted by TT?

Monday I was looking out of the window when I saw a bloke walk past 6 of my neighbours and ring my door bell. Low and behold it was one of those damn TT reps saying he was there to "check my phone bill". I'm not a violent person but I had to use all my will power to stop kicking his back side down the garden. Now the point is he had an address list in his hand and never knocked at my neighbours who I know have Sky or BT Broadband so are they targeting PlusNet customers?
11 REPLIES 11
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Re: Are PlusNet customers being targeted by TT?

Could It be possible that they are only targeting people who have put their phone number In TT broadband checker at some stage? Maybe they are out to chase& try and persuade the ones who... For a moment...Had thought of moving to them?
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Another possibility, could he have already knocked at all the houses previously whilst you were out, so didn't bother with all the others he'd been sent away from previously?
Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

glloyd
Rising Star

We are more likely to be in than any of our neighbours. We are retired and I am almost house bound were as my neighbours are out 99% of the time. I've also told these TT reps to clear off no end of times. What got me annoyed this time was the statement "I've come to check your phone bill"!
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

I completed a YouGov survey a couple of days ago and one of the questions was select any companies from the list that you have a generally bad feeling about.
The list included Plusnet and Talk-Talk.
Guess which one and only company I clicked to turn it RED Smiley
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I'm not sure where TT are getting their data from. I can't think of a way that they could be specifically targeting our customers directly though.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
glloyd
Rising Star

Well it's a bit odd that when the last time they called (a couple of month ago) they were claiming they had taken over PlusNet and I had not mentioned who I was with. And they walked past five other houses to get to me. Of course they could be testing to see how far they can annoy me before I belt one of them. Grin
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I remember you saying that George, they even said that to my face when they decided to collar me in Sheffield city centre last year. Of course I went along with it before I flashed the logo on my name badge Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
glloyd
Rising Star

Just had a thought - They could be capturing IP addresses if you look at their web site.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

If Its a dynamic IP then even visiting their site wont give them your address will It?
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
chandu
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
I'm not sure where TT are getting their data from. I can't think of a way that they could be specifically targeting our customers directly though.

Adam, my wife was targeted by Plus Net in August/September last year and she had her BB account with Ukonline.  How did PlusNet get her email details?  So, I would imagine same method must have been used by TT.
Chandu.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

That's a question for our marketing team, I believe a number of methods are used to obtain data sets for marketing. I'll get back to you about that.
Again as for Talk Talk they may use a number of different methods and possibly totally different ones to us.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team