cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approaching user allowance message scrapped?

voyager
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Approaching user allowance message scrapped?

Good evening
I just received a message that I exceeded my user allowance and 5GB were added - with a new period starting tomorrow. What happened to the usual warning message I usually got when approaching my user allowance?
Best regards
Andrea
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approaching user allowance message scrapped?

You check to see whether or not the message was sent, by looking through the "Closed Questions in the last 30 days"
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

voyager
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

@ purleigh
Thanks for the link!
And nope, no message was sent...
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

They've not been scrapped, but there have been numerous reports of some people not getting them.
DCT as been investigating, but I am not aware of they having found a profile of the problem.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Usually it's down to the limit being reached before our systems can send out the email - bear in mind usage reporting is around an hour behind, so if you exceed 80% and then your limit within that hour you won't get a warning.
Looks like around 2GB was used between 7 and 9 on the date in question, I suspect that's what pushed it over without the email getting sent. Sorry about that.