Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application Rejected

FIXED
ryandavies15
Hooked

Application Rejected

Just had an email from Plusnet saying that there's been a problem with processing my broadband order. Looking into my account I see that it also says...

Provisioning of your ADSL Account Information
Install diary status changed from Supplier processing to Application Rejected
(via ADSL2+ Order System Interface)

and...

[internal note]
Order has been cancelled. Please check Install Diary and resubmit order once issue is resolved.

Is this something I should be worried about? Engineer is due to visit on 1st Sep and activation date is 2nd Sep. Is this still going to go ahead?

4 REPLIES 4
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Application Rejected

Hi,

A warm welcome to the forums. Such issues are not untypical, generally arising from issues in their supplier’s systems.

Are you migration from one ISP to another?

If yes, have you told your existing supplier that you are leaving? If yes, that could well be the cause of your issue. It is imperative when migrating that you leave the entirety of the process to the new supplier. Were a losing supplier places a service cease order on a line, no other supplier can place orders against that line until after the cease date. Doing so results in a cancelled order.

If this applies, please ask your existing supplier to cancel the lines cease order.

If you are moving property and this order is for a service take over there, then it is reasonable that the current occupant will have given their supplier a termination notice ... in which case, the above applies, but you cannot influence matters.

There are other order checks which can give rise to failure. For example a simultaneous migration and upgrade from ADSL to FTTC, where the FTTC cabinet is full can result in order failure.

Even migrating FTTC to FTTC in a full cabinet has been known to cause issues.

A full answer (one having sight of your failure reasons) needs staff attention. Looking at your ticket history in detail might tell you more. See the link below.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ryandavies15
Hooked

Thank you! I do have an open ticket with them but was wondering if anyone else had had similar problems. This is a new line to a new build property (ADSL not Fibre) so perhaps that is the reason why there are issues. Hope they will get back to me soon.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Oh new builds. They have their own set of challenges. You might wish to confirm the the developer has laid in the circuits.

There is some possibility that there are no copper circuits in the new build development meaning ADSL is not available. If it’s pure fibre then (at the moment) Plusnet does not supply FTTP based services.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Fix

Hi @ryandavies15,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I've tried ringing you about your provisioning order however there was no answer. Your orders are on track, if you need any further assistance please do not hesitate to come back to us.

Thanks - LF