Did you mean: 

Apparent bug in webmail

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Apparent bug in webmail

Using Windows 7 64 bit
Using Firefox I see the little arrows on the lower right - see first picture
Using IE11 The little arrows aren't there although moving the mouse over where they should be brings up the text - see second picture
This was raised here first http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,145727.0.html
9 REPLIES 9
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Apparent bug in webmail

The same happens on Windows Vista 32-bit (IE9 in this case). However I think it's necessary to have more than a pageful of messages to confirm the behaviours.
When displaying a folder with fewer than a page full of messages FF shows pale grey arrows, IE9 no arrows.
Displaying a page which is full FF shows dark grey (black?) arrows, but IE9 still shows none.
The tool tips still show in IE9 and clicking there works on both the next and last buttons (and the previous/first buttons when beyond page one).
The display behaviour with Chrome is the same as with FF.
Ideally this needs checking using the latest release.
David
David
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

I suspect the problem can be overcome by putting IE into compatibility mode.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

No it can't
Grafter

Hi, I use Internet Explorer 11 for Windows 7 and I also noticed a few days ago that the arrows were missing from my email page and I am unable to scroll to past pages. 'Hovering' where arrows shouls be does not make any difference. Also, whenever I have info/notification emails from Plusnet, they tend to come doubled up.  Advice please.
Grafter

Apologies, just tried 'hovering' again and it does work!
spraxyt
Resting Legend

Plusnet send messages to both postmaster on your account domain and the communication address you specify in the Member Centre. Mine get delivered to different mailboxes but if yours don't setting postmaster@... as your communication address should eliminate duplication.
David
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Replicated in compatibility mode using IE10. I also notice that half of the icons in the horizontal navigation bar are missing, and there's broken image place holders when navigating to 'Personal Settings' (see attached).
Have things always been like this, or has it only recently broken?
I've tested a third party Roundcube 1.0.7 install and that works fine. I've a feeling one of the plugins (Calendar?) might have a part to play in this.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Grafter

Hi Bob,
I hadn't looked at personal settings until now and see what you mean, but the little cube appeared on the lower pane under emails just after I changed my password.  I meant to query it, but as it wasn't stopping me sending and receiving emails, I let it slip.
spraxyt
Resting Legend

(On IE9) The bottom pane image is also missing when the mailbox is empty, so no preview to show. The missing image also shows transiently when a mailbox list is being loaded.
Properties says it should be https://webmail.plus.net/skins/RoundcubeSkinPlusnet/images/watermark.gif. It also fails to display in a separate IE9 tab, so the problem may not be RoundCube related. However FF happily displays the image in a separate tab.
David
David