cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appalling service -

fandaz
Dabbler

Appalling service -

I have nothing positive to write I'm sorry to say.
I have been recommending Plusnet for years. But calling up for help is affecting my well being. The fact that I have to wait from 10 to 20 mins to inform them that the service that I pay for is faulty is appalling. That goes with all the ISP's.
So my reason for writing is simple, it started with a faulty Router crashing and after fixing this, I decided to change to Fiber. So:-
30/09/14 - I ordered Fiber
and then this is what follows
[mremoved] - Sales & COT Analyst
4:24pm, Friday 3 Oct 2014
Dear Mr Kittle,
Thank you for your call today. Please keep a copy of this e-mail for your records. As discussed, I’ve made the following changes to your Plusnet service:
Your estimated line speed is 26mbps, however this may vary due to the distance from your exchange, quality of your phone line, traffic prioritisation and management policies amongst other factors.
As discussed, your preferred installation date is as follows:
Monday 13th October between 1pm - 6pm
This is subject to change and a member of our Provisioning team will confirm any changes to this date.
£5.99 has been taken for postage and packaging of your new wireless N router.
Your Home Phone transfer order will be placed when your Fibre service activates.
A breakdown of your monthly bill is as follows:
Plusnet Unlimited Fibre broadband service: £10.00 per month for 24 months then £14.99 per month thereafter
Line rental: £15.95 per month
Plusnet Weekend Call plan: Free
On a new 24 month contract
A list of our call tariffs can be found here: http://www.plus.net/home-broadband/tariffs/
These prices apply if you pay by direct debit, otherwise a £1.50 per month payment processing fee applies.

Your order is subject to Plusnet’s terms and conditions. Please ensure you read and understand them as soon as you can.
You are agreeing to a 24 month contract option.
You have up to 14 days, from tomorrow, to cancel your order (except for Plusnet Protect or BT Sport which you must keep for at least 30 days). If you cancel within 14 days you will have to pay for the services you have used and any installation, connection or activation charges that may apply (including those charges that were discounted or advertised as free at the time we accepted your order), and return any equipment we may have sent to you as a result of the order you are cancelling. Upon cancelling the service we may revert you to your previous contract or the closest matching service.
If you wish to cancel within the period set out above, you can use our online cancellation form, located here or by calling us on 0800 432 0200.
If you decide to cancel after 14 days and are still within a 24 month minimum term, you will have to pay £11.55 for each month left of the minimum term. Find out more in our Price Guide.

If you migrate your services to another provider, you may be charged an additional £30 cessation fee unless you use a Migration Authorisation Code (MAC) to move your services across. This cessation fee will not apply if you are cancelling your services within the 14 day cancellation period set out above.

We’re under duty to supply goods in conformity with this contract. This does not affect your statutory rights.
Need a hand? We offer full customer support via our easy to use member centre which is located in the top right hand corner of our website www.plus.net. You can also upgrade your packages, view your usage, amend your account details and much more.
Download our free help tool, Plusnet Assist, for the hassle free way to fix broadband connection issues or email problems:
http://www.plus.net/home-broadband/assist
Happy with our service? Why not refer a friend to Plusnet and get money off your bill EVERY month! Refer a friend here :
http://www.plus.net/home-broadband/referrals
If you don’t want us to tell you about our products and services or if you want to complain, please visit www.plusnet/home-broadband/contract/ or write to us at Plusnet plc, The Balance, 2 Pinfold Street, Sheffield, S1 2GU.
We will try to work through any disputes that you may have with us. However, if we cannot do this, you may refer the matter to any relevant service which sorts out disputes. Details of these, and of how to refer a dispute, are set out in our Complaints Code of Practice here:
http://www.plus.net/support/service/policies/complaints_code_of_practice.shtml
Thank you for your continued custom.
4:25pm, Friday 3 Oct 2014

Your offer details are below:

Unlimited Fibre discount (24 months) - £4.99
Your Response
4:06pm, Wednesday 8 Oct 2014
FYI - I called support/sales today at 10:42am to ask about Fiber Installation Dates.
Chap I talked too, thought that fiber was already in place. I told him that it was only ordered on Friday and he was confuesed.
Any way he told me he would get another Team to call me.
Well that was over 5 hours ago and still I don't know when the Fiber Installation will take place.
Help????
Your Response
5:41pm, Thursday 9 Oct 2014
Hello, do these comments get read??????????Huh
So I complain with a new referance number
Your Response
5:54pm, Thursday 9 Oct 2014
[Support Wizard Journey]
[Making a complaint]
[Customer Services]
[Additional Information]
I called yesterday to find out when my new service is being installed (Fiber).
The chap I talked too said we had Fiber already.....This is not the case and I told him we were waiting for it to be installed.
He couldn't understand or help but did say he would get someone from another department to call me. This didn't happen yesterday and hasn't happened today either.
Whats going on?????????????Huh
On Behave of customer
C Grant 07**********
Copied To: steve***********
[mremoved] - Complaints Advisor
1:16pm, Monday 13 Oct 2014
Dear Mr Kittle,

Thank you for getting in touch,
Let me first of all offer my sincerest apologies for the confusion caused in regards to the order.
From reviewing the account I can see that the order that was placed was not for a fibre service, but for an adsl upgrade.
As such, no engineer was booked, and I accept that this must be very frustrating for you.
I will be more that happy to place the fibre order for you, and as such if you could let me know when would be the best time for an engineer to attend to arrange this.
Kind regards,
[mremoved]
[Email notification sent to: steve@*********]
Your Response
4:35pm, Tuesday 14 Oct 2014
Mathew, please at least read all details and act accordingly.
I am dealing with this mess on behave of the customer and as you can see I have made this clear at the bottom of the detail:-
On Behave of customer
C Grant 07************
Please escalate to your managers and note that I will be invoicing Plusnet for wasting my time and Mr Kittle's money.
CGrant
mr*************
079***********
Also please note that I have had to call your call center again to ask for an update as my complaint had not been dealt with.
You have no idea what its like hanging on the phone listening to you terrible music, which is too loud and as for the repeating message about how sorry you are blah blah......not good enough.

This is another call/log/reference related to this mess.
13 Oct 2014 93011036 Awaiting support team answer
Another call reference:-
This time after a long 20 minute wait on the support number:-
Question #93011036 - Your Feedback< Back
[removed] - CSC Analyst
1:49pm, Monday 13 Oct 2014
Dear Mr Kittle,
Unfortunately your fibre order was placed for a standard ADSL broadband connection.
I have now placed a new order to working hours upgrade you to Fibre and we will confirm the instillation appointment with you in the next 24/48 working hours.
Apologies for the delay.
Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at https://portal.plus.net/wizard/?p=search if we can be of any further assistance.
Support services are available here http://www.plus.net/support, and our community pages can be found at http://community.plus.net.
You can also use our new tool called Plusnet Assist which is available here: http://www.plus.net/assist.
Kind regards,
[mremoved]
**INTERNAL**
Please confirm appointment via email and text message
. 3-103794062531
[Email notification sent to: steve******]
[Sms Message: Unfortunately your fibre order was placed for a standard ADSL broadband connection. I have now placed a new order to working hours upgrade you to Fibre and we will confirm the instillation appointment with you in the next 24/48 working hours. Apologies for the delay. Thanks, Katie]
So Today I call to get some kind of explanation as to what is going on and ask to talk with a manager and after 16 minutes waiting to talk I get through and then after requesting a manager the call is dropped??????
The analyst did raise a nre log reference though:--
Question #93076952 - Your Feedback< Back
5:00pm, Tuesday 14 Oct 2014
authorised user has called in (mr grant) and complained that the main account holder is experiencing difficulties as we have placed an incorrect order for adsl when it should have been fiber. He was adamant to speak to manager however when going to locate a manager the call disconnected.
Kind regards,
[mremoved]
Your Response
5:08pm, Tuesday 14 Oct 2014
Well [mremoved], I'm glad you have logged this and having waited 16 minutes that's 16 minutes of your appalling music, 16 times listening to that dreadful 'we are so sorry blah blah'.......
and you think I was happy that we got cut off????
No.... now I'm really p'd off. Why have you not called me back.
I gave you my name and you don't need to be clever to find my number, look at the log's created. But no this why your company is appalling, you don't give a damn. You wont bother calling back. You expect me to call and be put on hold for another 16 minutes.
07********* please get a manager to call.
Your Response
5:12pm, Tuesday 14 Oct 2014
the first thing BT ask when you call them with issues is for a number just in case the call gets dropped.......
I'm calling to complain and talk to a manager and I conveniently get cut off.
This is no joke.....so four log references, 6 tedious calls - and no fiber, no apology, nothing....Time for someone to take responsibility and sort this out. When I called on the Wednesday 8 Oct 2014, to confirm the installation date, the chap had no idea that we had even ordered anything but the order is in black and white on the first log. The he tells me another department will call me to fix this. I never got a call.
14 Oct 2014 93076952 Awaiting support team answer View
13 Oct 2014 93011036 Awaiting support team answer View
9 Oct 2014 92829659 Awaiting support team answer ViewClose
3 Oct 2014 92543589 Awaiting support team answer View
jim:csa
4 REPLIES 4
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Appalling service -

Hi fandaz,
Sorry to hear of the troubles you've had trying to upgrade to Fibre.
I've tried to have a look into your account but can find none of the examples of tickets that you've posted in this thread. Is this regarding another account?
I'd like to investigate this for you and hopefully get the Fibre service finally installed for you. If you could PM me the account username that this is regarding I'll be happy to have a look.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Hi Linn,
Good to see you back on the forums...  Did you miss this above or did it not help?
Question #93076952 - Your Feedback< Back

Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks Kevin Smiley Sorry about the hiatus!
Thanks for pointing that out, I did miss it in the midst of trying to take all the information in regarding the situation  Undecided
@fandaz will have a look through and report back ASAP.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@fandaz, thanks for taking my call. I'll speak to you as discussed at 4:30 today to discuss this in length as you were on your way to an appointment.
I look forward to speaking with you later.