cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appalling Service I`m leaving

andyswalec

Appalling Service I`m leaving

If you have just changed to you`ve made a BIG mistake.
I tried to upgrade to fibre 2 weeks ago and this is my story so far.......
1.Took call from Plusnet and was sold fibre
2.Was given an appointment  for BT to come to the house between 8-1
3.Took day off , BT came to the house and said they could not do anything as the phone line was running from a different exchange.
4.Phoned Plusnet waited 35mins to get through.
5.Eventually got through and they said another dept dealt with my issue and had to wait another 30mins to get through to them.
6.Got through they said they would raise a ticket get back to me within 24-48 hours.
7.60 hours later no phone call back.
8. called Plusnet waited another 30 mins to get through.
9.Got through and was told would have to wait another 48 hours and get a call back.
10. Got callback and was told BT would be out 8-1 saturday.  2 weeks later
11. Waited in for BT NO ONE arrived another wasted day.
12. Just called Plusnet, 15 mins to get through again was told different dept and would take 45 mins to get through.
13. Asked to speak to manager they could not do this and would arrange a callback i refused and asked to be put through to cancelation dept asked out long the wait was the reply 45 mins.
14. Hung up, now writing this and going to send it to ombudsman, Ofcom and Plusnet CEO.
15 LEAVING PLUSNET COMPLETELY USELESS CUSTOMER SERVICE.
16.TAKING THEM TO THE SMALL CLAIMS COURT FOR LOST WORK TIME WAITING IN AND ON PHONE CALLS -TOTALLING OVER 2 HRS FOR CALLS AND 10 HOURS WAITING FOR THEM TO DELIVER A SERVICE. 10 x  £30 PER HOUR = £300 for my lost time, costs and inconvience.
I would suggest you take a look to see what else is on the market cant be any wores than this shower. Angry Angry Angry
dick:blue Excessive use of emoticons edited as per forum rule.
2 REPLIES 2
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Appalling Service I`m leaving

Hi,
A warm welcome to the forums.
You can change ISP, but you cannot change your phone line, where it is connected to or the possibility of a balls-up in BTOR's connectivity database.  If this - http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/broadbandchecker.php - shows you connected to the 'wrong' exchange, then that is down to BTOR.
Granted, PlusNet could do a better job of managing all of the consequences of BTOR failures, but they'd need a work force the size of the Indian railways to do that....

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Brandscill
Grafter

Re: Appalling Service I`m leaving

I agree Townman that Plusnet would need an army to deal with the consequences but they don't need an army to better manage communication with their customers.