Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone is satisfied what pay for?

Teshi80
Hooked

Re: Anyone is satisfied what pay for?

£120+ a year difference,

Just called Voda now, sales team seem responsive Smiley - they are going to txt me when the feature is made available Smiley

O365 Home would have fitted the bill for my Domain needs but they don't do it Sad in the home edition anymore Sad

may just have to go with PN for the 40/10 for 18 months.

that will get me out of my immediate issue.

St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

is vodaphone £28 for 80/20 and line rental ? 

I pay about £45 a month for 80/20 and line rental with anytime calls. ( im not tied into any contract here ) 

Teshi80
Hooked

Vodafone Advert :-

Unlimited
Fibre 76

£0 line rental

£28

all-in-one-price

(£49 one-off fibre connection fee)

Speed
Up to 76Mbps

Usage
Unlimited

The Anytime Calls is +£8 on top of the £28.

Teshi80
Hooked

the guy I just spoke to also said they have no Traffic shaping etc. so could be an issue at peak times for gamer's who want there traffic prioritised with QoS etc.. but TBH QoS only works within the ISP's Network once its out it means nothing to other providers

St3
Aspiring Champion

So £36 a month ... is that for 12 months or 24 months, also after the contract period ends does the price stay the same or does it go up.

And what is the upload speeds ? Smiley 

wisty
Pro
Fixes: 8

One thing to factor in with Voda is E-mail.

As I understand their service, it doesn't include any E-mail servers either incoming or outgoing, so you will need to pay for a third party E-mail service or use one of the free services e.g. G-mail.

Teshi80
Hooked

@St3 wrote:

So £36 a month ... is that for 12 months or 24 months, also after the contract period ends does the price stay the same or does it go up.

And what is the upload speeds ? Smiley 

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/broadband/deals?cid=ppc-mec-auto/lznty/lzvnylnty/qrnuo

St3
Aspiring Champion

Great, you can get our Unlimited Fibre 76

Estimated download speed range*

64.50Mbps to 76Mbps

Minimum guaranteed download speed**

59.49Mbps

Estimated upload speed range*

20Mbps to 20Mbps

Ok so it cost £49 to get connected to vodafone then on an 18 month deal i would save £161 a year with 80/20 package, but............ if i wanted to move to another isp deal like bt or sky ... i would have to then pay another £60 or more to switch, so moving might give me a slower connection to what i have with plusnet but ill make a saving of £100 over 18 months compared to plusnet. 

Going back to the subject on plusnet being ok ........

Ive been with them for almost 5 years now and only the last 2 years have i seen it slowly going downhill, not just my experiences but other customers too. The way things are looking im often wondering if i should jump ship because of all the negative feedback in the forums it makes me wonder if i should get out before it finally sinks. But saying that if things improve and get better then i would be happy to remove those jumping ship thoughts from my mind Wink

stonetostone
Dabbler

This is the latest test today.It's been a bit all over the place for about 3 weeks now.Not very pleased with plusnet at the moment to be honest.supposed to be on 40/2.I have had 64/15 on the same line before a long time ago so i know the line will take it.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

All in all Yes i am happy with what i get from PN .

What i am unhappy about is the present trend of support going down hill Embarrassed  and the all to often blaming of BT/OR .

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

@St3 wrote:

is vodaphone £28 for 80/20 and line rental ? 

yes

St3
Aspiring Champion

Yes i agree with you @rongtw its not a good sign when support is going downhill. Plusnet clearly need more staff to take the pressure of current staff.

Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

Another in agreement with rongtw - my internet is rock steady and the support I have received personally has been good, even the wait times on the phone but I am concerned about the apparent declining support. 

Teshi80
Hooked

I have been with PN over 10 Years the early days they were the knights in shinning armour, Suport could pitch everything at the right level be it your a newbie or a seasoned It Pro.

These days getting to Support is a nightmare, pricing is structured for new customers etc. and general performance and loyalty bonuses have really vanished - All since PN became a subsidiary of BT.

PN was the company that when BT stuffed my house move fixed it and told me what to say to BT etc.. so they got my ADSL and Line to the new address. - what went wrong apart from BT buying the best ISP in the UK..

After consideration I think I am going to give PN 18 months and opt for 40/10 + Line + Anytime Package if they give me the new customer deal... else it will be back to the search for a new provider.

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@Teshi80

Plusnet do not do 40/10 , it is only 40/2 (yes TWO)

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT