Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone is satisfied what pay for?

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: Anyone is satisfied what pay for?

A good upload speed - for most people - is probably anything at or above 5-10 Mb/s.

But sellling 2mb/s is cheaper for PN

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
highpriest
Dabbler

Yes. Has been fault free from the beginning. I get pretty much the maximum speed.

This was on wireless.

chenks76
All Star

just noticed this on the kitz forum
"Plusnet charge £30 if you move to an LLU supplier"

is this true and how can plusnet justify such a charge for leaving outwith contract.
anyone from plusnet care to respond?
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

It's a BT OpenReach charge from the days when an 'Engineer' had to 'cease' the Broadband connection to the DSLAM by physically removing the link?  Largely an anachronism these days - but still a nice little earner.

M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

chenks76
All Star

except it seems to be charged even when migrating, not just removing.
ie if i move to an LLU ISP i'm not removing broadband, i'm migrating to another ISP (that link even states "you move to a provider who uses their own equipment in your exchange").

this could be classed an un-competitive and putting barriers in the way of a customer moving away to get a better deal.
BillEvil
Hooked

No.

Over £15 per month for a crappy 512kbps connection. Why do I have to pay MORE for LESS service.

Next week I am getting a satellite system instead of relying on BT's ClosedReachNo Tha Far so goodbye Plusnet, I hope they manage to find my domain that they lost in transfer before I leave.

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

@BillEvil - I'll pick up your other thread shortly.

@chenks76 - Believe that when you migrate over to an LLU based product from a BT one, a light cease of the line is involved. It's the same as when a BT based supplier use a working line takeover method (involving providing a new number) rather than a standard migration.

Matty

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
chenks76
All Star

@MattyC that's just semantics though that the customer isn't concerned about.
the customer is simply moving to another ISP - they don't care about what is involved.
the fact that you even attempt to charge someone to leave you is close to highway robbery.

you're basically saying that yeah you can leave, but it's gonna cost you.
hardly a free market is it?

billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

My satisfaction with plusnet took another hit a few days ago. Judging by the gateway I've been moved over to the "new" network.

Though it seems to work ok a thing that's bugging me is the drop in maximum line speed. I've been getting the same max for years but the after the change the drop is for all intents exactly 10%.

It has been said here more than once that the "new" network is all about total control. Call me cynical but if you were to cream off 10% of customers linespeed then you have magically gained more bandwidth for new customers at no extra cost.

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

The "new" network shouldn't affect the maximum line speed. That is calculated on the fly by the router and depends on the connection to the local cabinet.

billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

I would like to believe that but...........with the "new" network plusnet are controlling upload, download, and probably everything in between.