cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anoying PlusNet Ad for BT Sport

Charles101
Grafter

Anoying PlusNet Ad for BT Sport

PlusNet have my mobile phone number which has been given for previous repair issues. They are now using it to send spam advertising SMS messages for BT Sport subscription. I don't want either these ads or the sports but no way to stop this. The EU GDPR seems to be fairly useless and PlusNet support non existent.

6 REPLIES 6
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: Anoying PlusNet Ad for BT Sport

@Charles101

What does it say at https://www.plus.net/my.html?action=modifyMailOptions

All the check boxes need to be empty (not ticked)

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note:

Thread moved from Broadband to Plusnet Feedback.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Charles101
Grafter

The box to receive "happy to get offers and promotions" wasn't ticked so shouldn't get them. Yes, receiving some information from PlusNet is both useful and important so need to have the ways to connect ticked. Just seem to have no mechanism to stop PlusNet trying to advertise some of its unwanted services to me.

Regards,

Charles

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you Blacklisted the number ?

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@Charles101 wrote:

The box to receive "happy to get offers and promotions" wasn't ticked so shouldn't get them. .... Just seem to have no mechanism to stop PlusNet trying to advertise some of its unwanted services to me.

Regards,

Charles

If they are ignoring the "no marketing" then a Formal Complaint is the answer.

The official complaints procedure is here at https://www.plus.net/help/legal/complaints-code-of-practice/

For future reference a link to it is shown at the bottom of every web page as "Complaints Code of Practice"

And finally there is the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/nuisance-calls-and-messages/spam-texts-and-nuisance-calls/ 

edit: Add ICO reporting spam text/calls link

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @Charles101

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm really sorry to hear that you've been receiving these texts without your consent.

I've just made some changes on our system to disable SMS contact on your account. Don't worry about SMS contact in terms of faults - we can enable this manually and separately if and when a fault is raised.

Could you give it until the end of the week and let me know if these texts stop?

I'm happy to escalate this as appropriate if the changes I've made don't resolve the issue.

Best wishes,

Dave