Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annoying email from PlusNet

seasideman
Hooked

Annoying email from PlusNet

Hi,

I seem to have no other way of raising this issue so I am posting on here.

I have received this email recently from PlusNet :-

During the investigation of your reported fault we asked you to complete some steps to help us diagnose the problem. You have reported that you are unable to do so.

As such, we're unable to continue the investigation so have had to close the query.

This also means you will not have the right to leave your contract without paying any cancellation fees at the end of the 30 day period from the date you raised the fault, or the date we have set out in previous emails.

If you are still concerned about your speeds, please use our online speed tester at: https://speedtest.btwholesale.com/ (more info) and we have some advice on the things which can affect broadband speeds on our help pages.

Kind regards,

Plusnet Customer Support
https://www.plus.net

I have replied to all emails and when it was passed to me I did exactly as requested. This is the second time I have received such an email after having done as requested after a fault. I have certainly not done as stated in the first line "During the investigation of your reported fault we asked you to complete some steps to help us diagnose the problem. You have reported that you are unable to do so."   I have not reported any such thing and the sentence is a blatant lie and very annoying.

I cannot now view the open question and the closed question only allows me to view the above response. There is no need to send such a nasty email and it actually makes me feel that at the end of the said 30 days I will be looking around for another internet provider.

Regards,

Seasideman.

9 REPLIES 9
dave501
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 6

Re: Annoying email from PlusNet

If you want to view your open questions log into your account then click on this link https://portal.plus.net/wizard/index.html 

seasideman
Hooked

I already know that. That is not the problem. Please read what I initially put in the original post.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

You were meant to reply on the open ticket, not reply to the emails which would have just gone into a black hole.

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

@Mustrum  In which case. that should have been specifically indicated on all the emails, sent to the o.p.

A one line sentence would have been sufficient..... "Please go to your account  and respond to the "open  questions" on this link ...... "  

Plusnet seem to have started a downward trend, in respect for their customers..  as a consequence of B.T becoming more and more involved in the running of Plusnet.  ( I assume ).. the standard of customer service has deteriorated markedly over the past 6 to 8 months..

@seasideman   If you only want a basic broadband and phone I can suggest a new supplier,  (Send me a Private Message.)..  who I have just signed up with......I`m leaving PlusNet after almost 13 years....

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

@shutter  I am sure it was, you have been around here long enough to know you can't contact them by email.

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

@Mustrum   As you say......... I have...... but...... the o.p. hasn`t.... which is what this thread is about...

Incidentally.... I am moving to an ISP that DOES talk to their customers.... BY EMAIL>...

. and... they are re-vamping their website TO INCLUDE.........

LIVE CHAT   Smiley

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Chat to Plusnet Feedback 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
seasideman
Hooked

That is how I replied, NOT via email. All info requested was on the open ticket. And that has now disappeared into the ether... as seems to be the PlusNet way now. I was hoping that via this that I would at least get some sort of reply from a PlusNet opperative.... very poor of them.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

All tickets for the last 2 years (IIRC) are on the portal. One slight misnomer is the closed history range selection says “tickets CLOSED in the last...” whereas its tickets OPENED in the last...

So if your ticket was opened 40 days ago and closed 14 days ago ... it will not appear in the last 30 days selection. Use the custom date range.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.