cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annoyed

Surfer
Grafter

Annoyed

I have received an email from Plusnet to advise that I have exceeded my allowance of 10GB and that they are tacking on another 5GB at a cost of £5.  It would have been more helpful if I was notified that I was about to exceed my limit rather than wait until it was exceeded.  My average monthly usage is about 5GB or less per month and I can only assume that the one day that I downloaded 7.9GB was because I updated my TomTom satnav and did not realise the size of the file.
Unfortunately I will be lucky to use even 1GB of the data as away on holiday in 2 days time.  Annoyed as I could have fallen back onto my mobile broadband for the two days!
7 REPLIES 7
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Annoyed

Hi Surfer,
I'm sorry you didn't receive an email to advise that you were approaching your usage limit. I have added your account to an open Problem we have (80255) so that this can be investigated.
I have created Ticket: 86830461 on your account. Can you please respond to this at your earliest convenience and we can action your decision.
Surfer
Grafter

I have replied to the ticket.  Thanks.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks Surfer. I've escalated the ticket back to you.
Surfer
Grafter

And replied again.   Grin   How does one check to see if the local exchange is going to be upgraded as ours is diabolically slow.  On a good day 5mb download is a rarity.  BTW do PlusNet normally advise when you are about to exceed your download limit as I am sure that on one or two occasions previously I had the warnings?
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've checked this for you and unfortunately at the moment there are no plans to upgrade your exchange/cabinet to 21CN.
You can check this yourself here: http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome
Yes, we would normally send you an email advising you that you are about to exceed your usage limit when you reach 80% of the usage allowance, however, there's a problem at the moment where the system isn't registering this information. As I stated in my first response - I have added your account to the Problem and the relevant teams will investigate this and resolve the issue.
Surfer
Grafter

Thanks Linn although the other offer is very tempting I think we will stick with the refund option.  Smiley
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Not a problem - I'll add a £5 discount which will be applied on your next bill. Have a nice holiday!  Cool