cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annoyed

Richie2K

Annoyed

Was with talktalk for a number of years and yes we all know their service isn't the best and we were looking to upgrade to fibre optic high speed bb so had a quick scan about and Which recommended Plusnet. Job done we thought. My partner spoke to a lovely lady who quickly went through all the formalities on the phone, tbh I've never heard my mrs laugh so much with a customer service advisor so much in my life. Paperwork came through, engineer date booked, 30th September 2013 between 8-1pm. All was going well... Until. Woke in the morning of the 30th to find the internet and phone had gone down, she panicked but I said it was prob the transition period as the engineer was due today. So to put her mind at rest she called Plusnet customer services to put her mind at rest, confirmed this was the case and they also confirmed an engineer would be out today (yesterday) between 1-6pm. Note the time change, we weren't told. Knowing she had the school run to do and would be out of the house between 14:50-15:15 she contacted me at work and I took a last minute half day holiday, we knew it's sods law that he would turn up during this period. As it goes no-one showed up during thus time. Our front room is right next to the front door and we have 2 dogs who bark if someone walks past the door so knocking sets them right off. Anyway no-one knocked and we had the house 'manned' (or womaned). Come 6pm nothing. So this morning we phone up to find out what's going on and eventually get through to a man, who was very helpful and apologetic he answered one of her questions but had to transfer us regarding the engineer, so back on hold we went, grr. Spoke to a woman who told us the engineer did turn up at 16:14,so we were both home and let's not forget the dogs. Anyway now we have to pay £50 for an engineer to come back and it will be over a week. We asked to speak to a supervisor as we didn't agree with this to which we were told, "there's no point in me talking to them as that's the way it is"_his words as quoted by the customer service advisor. Very frustrated we have not paid the money, we have no broadband and we are being charged for a service we don't have. Then I go searching reviews and this happens quite a bit. Not very happy and a bit lost where to go with it
Just looked it's a bit of a block message but typing on my phone as no Internet, so sorry about that.
10 REPLIES 10
Richie2K

Re: Annoyed

Oh and we've just found the original email from plusnet stating it's an AM installation, so why yesterday were we told PM and the engineer apparently turn up without the ability to knock?
Devonian
Grafter

BT Open Reach strikes again.  Crazy
I've had engineers not turn up to me, and my brother had an engineer not bother turning up to his address either.
This is stupidly common, and damn right disgraceful.
It's about time the people at the top in PlusNet actually made some noise about it.
God help BT if they miss my appointment tomorrow!
billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

If a missed appointment costs £50 then as BT were the ones who missed it, shouldn't they be the ones paying.
Far too many cheap no cost BT sorrys. If they had to pay then maybe just maybe they might start turning up.
Time plusnet got the gumption to do something about this as they are the ones getting the well deserved flack.
Richie2K

So anyway no matter how annoyed we were we had no choice but to pay the £50 to get an engineer to come back. Now our new date is 14th October. 2 weeks with no internet! Which we also have to pay for as part of our monthly package fee.
I gets better and better, and I've not even started with them yet!
Anyway there's no point in moaning as it gets ignored coz they've got our money now so they're happy.

On a side note.... I have my netgear ads router from my previous provider here. Can I change the settings and pick up the standard line BB through it until the fibre optic bits get installed? Don't fancy calling Plusnet and being on hold for 30 mins just to be told no, so thought I'd ask here first in case anyone knew
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Easier to just try it.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi Richie2K,
Sorry that you're broadband hasn't yet to be installed, I can see that the appointment is set for the 14th October.
Has anybody actually taken a payment of £50 for the appointment that was "missed",  I'm also going to dispute this for you.
Richie2K

No-one has actually taken it, they said they had to rebook our appointment before anything could be done. But no we haven't paid via card or anything, we figured they would be putting it on our bill.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'll make sure this charge isn't added to your account, we're also trying to dispute the last appointment but this doesn;t come down to our decision.
Richie2K

Thanks Chris, some faith restored. I've tried to hook up my old ADSL router with Plusnet settings to get some kind of net connection for now but alas no joy, my guess is because we're moving to the fibre line. Anyway around this? Or is it a case of wait it out I'm afraid?
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'm afraid that your connection won't be active until the engineer arrives for the scheduled install Sad