cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An installation cancelled again and again!

RandomMixer
Dabbler

An installation cancelled again and again!

I am very frustrated.  Since my first applied for a landline and broadband on 4 July 2011, the 1st appointment for installation on 19 July but an engineer came for a while and said: he can't find the wire and have to come again.  On the second appointment on 26 July an engineer dialing the incorrect phone number (I found out with Plusnet support team), so he wasn't reached me on that day, an appointment cancelled and extended the date to 9 August.  The unbelievable thing happened again, an engineer still holding the incorrect phone number to call me; of course an appointment was spoiled.  I had been taken a day off from school and waiting for half day with nothing.  I rang to the support team, they said an engineer reported that he spoke to the landlord and they don't know where the wire is.  This is ridiculous, the number he dialed is not belongs to me or the landlord, how can he spoke to the landlord.  And then my appointment for installation will postpone to 31 August.  Although the plusnet support team will agree to put an appointment earlier while someone cancel. If no one cancels then I have to wait until 30 August.  It is not fair to me, plusnet charged me on 4 July and every missed appointment wasn't my fault, why I have to suffer this.  I checked with the support team they noted that an engineer holding a wrong number again.
I am an overseas student; it is very inconvenience to me without internet at home.  I can't do homework; I can't communicate with my family and friends....
User name: whokillwayne
19 REPLIES 19
lexusuk
Grafter

Re: An installation cancelled again and again!

Hi RandomMixer,
Please accept our apologies for the problems you have had during the initial installation of your product.  I have checked your account and can see the appointment has been booked for 30/08/11 which at the time of booking was the next available appointment (the lead time for a telephone line installation is generally 10 days plus in most areas).  Our provisioning team will monitor your order and try to bring the date forward as far as possible.  I can see that your ticket is in the right place to be picked up by the relevant team.  As soon as we can see an earlier appointment we will contact you directly and confirm the new appointment with you.
If you have any further questions please do not hestitate to ask.
RandomMixer
Dabbler

Thank you for your follow up.  I was so glad an appointment was changed to 24 August, plusnet sent me a sms on l2 August and I confirmed an appointment on line. 24 August is not an earlier appointment that  I wish, but at least a little bit move on.  Today plusnet called me that an appointment was cancelled and changed back to 30 August.  This is the most RIDICULOUS thing in the world.  What kind of service I have received.  Money in advance then I had been received no services, no promises.  No reason for the cancellation just tole me change back to 30 August.

I checked in my plusnet account, I saw your internal support team tried to solve my problem and put me an early appointment.  But now I totally disappointed with plusnet.

lexusuk
Grafter

Sorry to hear this.  I have investigated how this happened.
One of our provisioning agents made a request for the appointment to be brought forward to 24/08/11 for you.  The agent should not have contacted you to confirm the appointment was confirmed for 24/08/11 at this point.  Subsequently the appointment amendment request was cancelled which means that the original appointment of 30/08/11 still stands.
I have fed back this information to the agent involved and once again please accept our apologies on this.
RandomMixer
Dabbler

I don't know how it happened again.  Once I was received a sms from plusnet for an appointment on 24 August.  I was confirmed it at once through my account and I saw support team left the message in my account too.  I thought on line confirmation is the most secure way but it proof that it is not.
It is really inconvenience to me to do everything in the internet cafe, besides of the money I've to pay to the cafe. I have to spend a lot of travelling time to the cafe.  plusnet took me up to the sky and then push me down to the ground again and again.  I feel very very unhappy!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@RandomMixer,
I'm very sorry to read about the issues you've posted about here. I feel very strongly about making sure both preventative and educational steps are taken with agents when things like this happen as I'm certain Alex and the rest of us do to.
We do understand what an inconvenience it can be to be unexpectedly without a broadband connection so we'll make sure that you are given a good will gesture after the installation to credit you for this.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
RandomMixer
Dabbler

I still suffering the late installation.  I can't understand an operation system of plusnet.  If the company make a mistake to the client,  at least do some remedial work to prevent and compensate to the client.  It is obviously plusnet made a mistake again,  just gave me an apology is not enough.  My installation is not free of charge, I have to pay nearly GBP50.00 to install the line.  I don't know the support team why not putting me to an earlier appointment if cancellation occur.  If they do so, it proof that they are really feel sorry to me.  I can accept a short notice to me regarding an early appointment.
lexusuk
Grafter

Hi RandomMixer,
Again apologies for the issues faced.  I have opened a new ticket on your account which details a solution for you.
Any further issues please let us know.
RandomMixer
Dabbler

Hi Alex,
I'll get back to you when the line and broadband is fixed.  I hope an installation is smooth and successful in the coming appointment. 
RandomMixer
RandomMixer
Dabbler

Hi Alex,
Please ensure an engineer have my correct mobile phone number on hand.  I can’t bear to postpone an installation again.  By the way, the router I bought it from plusnet, is an engineer will connect it for me on the same day?  According to your support team once the line is connected, the broadband can activate at the same time.
RandomMixer
RandomMixer
Dabbler

Hi Alex,
Nothing from you!  Please ensure your agents must show up today, I been waiting at home but still no one contact me, I'm so worries that your agents will miss again.  The data usages of my mobile phone was exceeded on my plan.  I can't bear to wait again!  Please follow!
RandomMix
lexusuk
Grafter

Hi RandomMixer,
I have checked your order and can see that the appointment is confirmed for today and that the contact details are correct.  Please let us know if there are any issues.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Is this order a simultaneous provide? If not and the telephone is installed today, you will have another 7-10 day wait for the broadband to be activated as Plusnet will only order the broadband once the BT systems show that the phone line installation is complete.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
RandomMixer
Dabbler

I don't know is it simultaneous provide?  I can remember an adviser told me that I can have the broadband at the same time if I have the router, then I bought one from plunet.
Now is 11:00am but still no one call me.  Alex, could you please contact your agents and make sure an engineer will come to fix the line?
lexusuk
Grafter

Hi RandomMixer,
I have checked with BT and the appointment is confirmed and scheduled to complete today.  The engineer is booked to be with you today between 08:00 and 13:00.  Please let us know if this is not the case and we'll chase this up for you.