cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All up and running....feedback

AdamW86
Dabbler

All up and running....feedback

The switching process from another ISP has been pretty smooth bar a few hiccups but the majority of these are down to my last ISP cutting me off a week too early.
Anyway I ordered 40/10 fibre and an engineer was booked to visit property today but he did not show. I had a text to say my broadband order was now complete. I did lose a days holiday as I was told the engineer needed to visit but it seems he just did all the work at the cab.
Anyway my DL speed is steady at 38-40mb but my UL will not go over 2mb at all. I've ran about 10 tests today and it never goes over at all. The average is 1.8.
Any ideas?
6 REPLIES 6
alegeek
Grafter

Re: All up and running....feedback

Plusnet's 40Mbps service only comes with 2Mbps upload  Cool
AdamW86
Dabbler

Undecided
That's probably why then
aesmith
Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: AdamW86
Anyway I ordered 40/10 fibre ...

That seems to be a common misconception, did you see anything that said or suggested a 10meg upload speed?
AdamW86
Dabbler

It actually states on my account that my current product is 40 download (estimated), 20 upload (estimated).
Nothing about it being restricted to 2mb
Angry
hbb98
Dabbler

"It actually states on my account that my current product is 40 download (estimated), 20 upload (estimated).
Nothing about it being restricted to 2mb".
Then they've diddled you., in my opinion.  It might be their mistake, or it might be something more cynical.
Read the words in your contract carefully and objectively. If you really want and clearlr asked for 20Mbs upload,
insist on it, if that's what they've promised.
In such cases, what it often boils down to is: how much of your life are you prepared to spend, if not waste,
trying to contact almost inaccessible people to try to get what you honestly thought you were getting?
This is the modern world! ((c) Paul Weller), And even worse, broadband.
[Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Excess lines removed.]
ferkemall
Dabbler

Quote from: alegeek
Plusnet's 40Mbps service only comes with 2Mbps upload  Cool
it will get worse