Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accolade

notmyname
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Accolade

At a guess, it was disabling IPV6 on the MAC.

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

I'll guess at splitting the 2.4GHz &5GHz bands, every other device on the planet can handle that though Grin
notmyname
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Nah, Apple devices generally handle that switch quite well.  I'm putting my money on the CSA disabled IPV6 on the Mac.   

I'll bet the OP was having the "Spinning beachball of death" when connecting to the router.  

runhare
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Hi @DianeF

Please can you clarify if settings were changed on the router or on the Mac? Or both? 

Everyone else ,

So we're thinking this is not looking like a fault with the OP's equipment but a case of incompatibility between router setting and computer.  

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Welcome to the community forums @DianeF

Thanks for posting.

The only reason I posted in the first place was to acknowledge someone that resolved a very irritating problem. I know that in a lot of work places, my own included, that whilst customers/clients are quick enough to complain, not many will acknowledge in a positive way. If such acknowledgments count towards any bonus scheme then that was what I hoped for.

We do recognise good work and positive feedback. The agent will be able to use this when it comes to their quarterly or annual bonus, and they may also get a reward of some description from their line manager.

Thanks again. I'll make sure your feedback is passed on to him and his line manager.

P.S. It looks like the agent consulted an experienced colleague, and guided @DianeF through with changing the WiFi channels and removing the MacBook from the DHCP table in the Hub One settings.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
runhare
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Agreed @Gandalf, It's great when your CSA's are able to rectify a custmers issue, Personally I have   found the PN  CSA's  more than helpful, polite and knowledgable, in all but a few cases !

Also, it's interesting & helpful  to know  how the agent solvedthe issue with @DianeF connecting up the MAC to wifi. It doesn't look as though it was specific to MAC's in that case. I have had similar issues with all kinds of  devices refusing to recognise a wifi signal. A standard first proceedure is to change Wifi channels, often because some other device is interfering with the channel the router has selected, in particular Home Plugs, which even when in a adjoinin  neighbours home can jam a standard wifi signal with RF scatter. Also wifi conected Central heating can be a problem

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

When I was browsing this thread last night from home, my guess also was that we helped switched off IPV6 on the Mac. As I too have seen problems with that and Hub Zero routers.

With that said, the IPV6 issue generally only affects older Mac OS's (10.6 and earlier IIRC).

Looking back, it's more unlikely that was the case here as the OP said they have a MacBook Air.

But I'm glad that we've found out how the agent resolved this issue here.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet