cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Abysmal Customer Service From Plusnet

mbush

Abysmal Customer Service From Plusnet

I have chosen to upgrade to Plusnet Fibre, which should be happening today and ordered the free wireless router which plusnet stated on the order form would be delivered on or before the installation date.
Tracking my order the router continued to be in awaiting to dispatch state so yesterday morning I raised a ticket to chase and had no response after 12 hours, so I chased the ticket and then rang but call Q time so long I gave up. This morning router still awaiting dispatch and no response from support so I rang and eventually got through.
It turns out Plusnet forgot to place my router order on top of ignoring my support ticket for over 24 hours. So router order now processed but most likely will not arrive until Monday. Suggestion from Plusnet was to ask openreach engineer if he could wire up my exisiting Plusnet supplied Thomson wireless router to the open reach modem. I then asked about compensation for their poor service and was told they were only allowed to offer compensation for outages.
So I am of the opinion that Plusnet will only offer compensation when obligated to do so rather than as a goodwill gesture to an extremely unhappy customer. I am now locked into an 18 month contract with an ISP I no longer wish to be with due to way Plusnet has treated a long standing customer.
Plusnet, you have not done me proud.
Mark
6 REPLIES 6
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: Abysmal Customer Service From Plusnet

exisiting Plusnet supplied Thomson wireless router

Is that a TG582n by any chance ?
If so there links in this http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,110956.0.html thread to the Fibre firmware and flashing utility which will allow you to convert the standard TG582n into a Fibre version.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

mbush

Unfortunately not it is a TG585 v8.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Its possible to reconfigure a TG585 using a 'template'  to use Lan port 4 as a WAN port , simila to the way the TG582n is reconfigured.
If you're up fro the challenge, then have a look at the modem help forum here http://forums.modem-help.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=9301&start=4&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=
If you just need the template then drop me a PM with your email address and I'll send it to you

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi Mark,
Sorry that you haven't received your router, your router should be with you hopefully on Monday. I know it's not ideal but you could create a <a href="http://community.plus.net/library/?strInfoselection=pppo&s=&doasearch=&search.x=0&search.y=0&filtermain=false&categorylist=-1&searchtype=false">PPPoE connection</a> that would connect you in the meantime.
I've refunded you the P&P for the router for you and this will go into your account in the next 10 days.
Apologies for the bad start and I hope we can make it up-to you.
Chris
hazelst3

I too have called customer service and after a long wait to speak to an advisor  I was told there was nothing they could do regarding my refund. I then asked to speak to a supervisor  who said the same thing.
What kind of customer service is that? Tempted to sign up to talktalk who are useless but at least try to help.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

@hazelst3
Hi there,
Sorry to here that, is there anything I can help with or look into for you?
Chris