cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Absolutely disgusted by my migration to Plusent

Wozzie2202

Absolutely disgusted by my migration to Plusent

Faced with a move from Scotland to England I decided to switch from O2  to plusnet on the basis that O2 were being sold to sky. Plusnet were a Which recommended provider so I assumed all would be well, but I was wrong. The order was placed on 13th March. I received confirmation that i would be connected on 9th April and the router was sent out...albeit to the incorrect address initially. Move in date arrived on 8th and when I attempted to connect on the 9th..nothing....no phone or broadband. I contacted Plusnet on 10th April to be told that the order had been canceled because the previous tenants had ceased the line. No one prior to this had contacted me from plusnet to advise of this. Plusnet admitted they should have called me. I was then advised it would take 24 hours to activate the phone line and a further 5 days for broadband.  As I was due to work from home from 11th, this was not satisfactory and has now caused me massive inconvenience and additional cost. After phoning various providers, all who told me it would take the same amount of time, I went back to plusnet and asked for the line to be connected. I have had to make arrangements to drive an hour each way to my parents house so I can work from there and meet childcare arrangements and will have to do this until my broadband is activated. 48 hours after asking for the phone line to be set up I am still waiting.  I have no home phone, no broadband  and cannot notify companies of change of address etc except by post and using precious minutes in my mobile. I am having to cut my working day short to allow me to get home to collect my children,  and all because plusnet failed to advise me of the issue. They even told me they didn't know the line had been stopped until I called them!! I have emailed various complaints and none have been responded to. I still have no idea when my home phone will be up and running as apparently it is now with the service provider. No one will give me a contact number for complaints..... No surprise there!! This whole experience continues to cause me problems and I am disgusted at the lack of urgency being taken to resolve this.....rant over!!!
7 REPLIES 7
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Absolutely disgusted by my migration to Plusent

Hi there,
I'm really sorry to hear that. I can see that our provisioning team are now chasing the delayed phone order and can assure you we'll keep you updated on that. We'll also be placing the broadband order as soon as we possibly can to get this up and running for you as soon as possible.
We'll make sure to keep you posted.
Wozzie2202

Matt, thanks for the reply, but unfortunately, this seems to have gone from bad to worse as I'm now being told there is an exception on the order and your "supplier", presumably BT will update you on Monday, so I face yet another week off incurring costs to travel to somewhere so I can meet my employment obligations.  No one will tell me what the exception error actually means, or when I can expect to be connected. The fact that I am unable to escalate my complaint and actually physically speak to someone in the complaints team is absolutely ridiculous. I appreciate I am not the only customer with issues, but the fact that this order was placed initially a month ago, and the fact that plusnet have failed to advise me throughout of the issues, that this should be given a priority to resolve. I have received no further updates since midday and can only assume I will now hear nothing until at least Monday, pushing my broadband installation back until a week on Monday. I will certainly not be recommending plusnet to anyone in the future.
davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

As you require access for work ,presumably you are setting up a Business account?? Otherwise, remember that there are NO service level agreements on a residential account.
Jack007

Seems to be a few issues with coming from 02 to PlusNET according to other threads on here.
Good Luck!
kelvin
Grafter

I movd from o2 to PlusNet 4 weeks ago and (touch wood) it has all gone very well
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi Wozzie2202,
Sorry to see your current situation, I'm currently chasing this up and will update you ASAP.
Chris
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

I can see that your phone order is complete so I've placed your broadband order. This will take 7-10 days to complete, it can't be done any sooner unfortunately.
I've popped ticket on your account to confirm this.
Apologies for the delay.
Chris