cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Absolutely NOT good enough

mekajinn

Absolutely NOT good enough

A brief overview...
August 10th - Phoned Plusnet to order broadband and phone for the flat I was moving onto on August 20th.  Told it would be September 17th before it could be connected.
September 17th - waited in all day for the BT Openreach engineer... never showed.  Don't really care that he's BT, as far as I am concerned he's a Plusnet employee... not good enough.
Told that he would come on the 25th.  He did... and did all his stuff... told me everything would be working.
Broadband didn't work.  Telephoned to enquire.  Told that it could take until midnight.
I had to go away before midnight, not to return until 24 hours later.
I return.  No broadband.  Phone support... I am told that there has been a delay, and as usual absolutely no reason given.  Told that it won't be until October 3rd before it's connected.  No-one actually bothered to phone me to tell me this... they just left it and waited for me to call to ask why the work I had paid for over a month before STILL has not been done... just couldn't be bothered.  Didn't give a ****.
Why is this ok?  Why is this an acceptable way to treat your customers?  3rd of October is 2 weeks after the date you said you would do the work?  Why do I have to call you to find out why you cannot do the work that you're paid for?  Why do I have to call you to find out information that you are already aware of but simply can't be bothered to telephone me and let me know.  I mean you are a PHONE company are you not?
To cap it all, as soon as my new phone line was connected I started getting calls for the previous owner of the number... in fact I have only received calls from Sky trying to get hold of what I can only assume were the previous tenants.  However, when I asked if I could have a different number I was told it was chargeable.  Why?  You make me pay for a phone line that already exists, and then I have to take calls meant for someone else?  I mean, are there 999,999 people in this area?  No.  So why can't I have a number that hasn't been used for some time?
I mean, sorry for having to ask, but what else can you do to make this service any more shoddy?
As far as I am concerned if everything isn't working by 3rd October I want a full refund and we can say goodbye to each other. 
I will provide updates to indicate if you manage to keep my custom.  Oh, did I say keep?  You haven't actually provided anything of note yet, so I guess I am not actually a proper customer in my eyes.  An inability to provide the services you advertise negates the whole deal as far as I am concerned.
11 REPLIES 11
mekajinn

Re: Absolutely NOT good enough

oh, and all the time this is going on I have to pay Vodafone £15 per Gb.
Obviously, if I had any idea it would take this long I would have made other arrangements for my temporary broadband solution. 
But hey, it's only money yeah?  As long as it's someone else's I guess it doesn't matter.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Please accept our apologies for the initial missed engineer visit, I'd like to elaborate a little on what caused these problems first before looking at what we can do.
I'm sorry for the disappointing news about your broadband order. Please be aware that in relation to orders that become delayed like this that it's not possible for us to be proactively aware of the status of each order due to the volumes handled I'm afraid.
Looking in more detail at what happened to your order I can see that the two orders (phone and broadband) were originally paired for completion on the same date using the simultaneous order process. Unfortunately as the phone part of the order went into delay, which would also be the reason for the missed engineer visit. When this happens it means that by definition the two orders cannot complete simultaneously, the result of which being the completion of the broadband order 7 days after line activation.
We're genuinely sorry that this situation has led to such problems and going forward we will make sure that you are credited for any downtime that you've experienced and provided with a goodwill gesture. In the meantime we are going to commit to a free change of number for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
mekajinn

downtime?  How can I have downtime when it simply isn't switched on?
And you have not given me a reason.

Also... are you telling me that you cannot contact customers who's orders you screw up because you screw so many up that there isn't enough time?  Or were you just making a lame excuse for one of you colleagues... ANY of your colleagues who simply couldn't be bothered to let me know that on the broadband wouldn't be switched on.
How about you credit me for the money I have to spend providing myself with alternative broadband?  How about you compensate me for having to sit in all day waiting for someone who was never gonna show up?
mekajinn

I sure am telling all my friends about you... when do I get the money eh?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi,
I've replied to your ticket with regards to a good will gesture when this has been resolved.
Also... are you telling me that you cannot contact customers who's orders you screw up because you screw so many up that there isn't enough time?  Or were you just making a lame excuse for one of you colleagues... ANY of your colleagues who simply couldn't be bothered to let me know that on the broadband wouldn't be switched on.

Not exactly, but unfortunately in your case yes. When engineer appointments are missed we reply on a notification system from our suppliers called KCI, in this case we didn't receive the correct KCI notification. If we had a support ticket would have been created flagging one of our provisioning agents to look into it and contact you to let you know. As this didn't happen I'm going to look at doing all we can to push this back to our suppliers.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
mekajinn

So now you inform me that you cannot switch me on on the date promised... AGAIN.
How can you be so utterly crap?
I am not going to pursue this in private any more, I am just gonna do it on here so that others can see how pathetic it actually is.
So please explain why you've screwed it up again for all to see.

Also... I entered into a contract with you... why, when you break that contract, do you not have to meet the costs incurred due to you not meeting that contract?  I'd like a public explanation please, because the way I see it, in any other industry, you would be liable for costs incurred due to your inability to provide that which you claim to be able to supply.
I mean, you sold me broadband... but you are unable to supply it... so surely you re in breach of trade descriptions or something?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Delays can and unfortunately do sometimes happen.
Really sorry that your order has been delayed, unfortunately this does happen sometimes. I know it's no consolation to you but the reason is that their is a hardware fault on the tie pairs at the exchange.
It is indeed very unfortunate that this happened following an issue with the phone order which was resolved last week and as such we've discussed a good will gesture which we believe to be fair and generous.
Going forward the review date for this order is the 4th, as promised on your ticket I will chase this again on that date for you and will pursue and escalate where necessary to get this resolved as quickly as possible. Please be aware however that the cause of the problem is largely out of our hands but we will continue to put pressure on our suppliers to overcome this as quickly as possible.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
mekajinn

Problem is that this means that no-one has attempted to even complete my order before today... 2nd October.  So what was happening before that?  Because if someone had tried to complete the order on the original date, the 17th September, this issue would have been spotted... but it wasn't was it?  Which means nobody even bothered to look at the exchange before today did they?  So basically when the guy came out on September 25th he hadn't looked at the exchange had he?
Why is this?
I know it isn't you, but your relationships with your suppliers are not my concern. 
I can tell, from what I have outlined here, that no-one has attempted to even try to complete this order until 2 weeks after the date that it was supposed to be done.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I've just taken some time to go through all the details of this issue and the full history of your account and I feel it's worth that  we give you a summary of the course of events that have taken place here as I'm sure that will help to answer your questions.
When we handled your original orders for phone and broadband our intention was to action these as a simultaneous provision, i.e meaning that both services are activated on the same day. However, following on from that an issue (the cause of which I'm still investigating to get more detail) occurred that delayed the phone installation, this should have resulted in us being informed via automated means so that we could inform you that the engineer would not be attending, that didn't happen which I understand prompted you to contact us.
Following that we rearranged the appointment for the phone line provision which happened on 25/9/12, we should have informed you that as a result of this being delayed from the originally intended date that the broadband order would only complete 7 days after the line was installed, for that we're very sorry as an expectation could have been set at a much earlier date with regards to that.
That brings us to the present, we were expecting the broadband order to complete on 2/10/12 following the original issues, as mentioned there's now an issue with tie pairs at the exchange which as delayed this a little further.
You are 100% right, our relationship with our suppliers is not your concern it's purely ours, however I hope the above explanation about how we interact with them and the chain of events between us and themselves in relation to your account offers some further explanation. I can clearly see some areas as to which we need to feed back to our provisioning agents, which again is our concern and our issue to take on and deal with.
Again I'm very sorry about all this and looking forwards the order  is still due for review tomorrow so as I've mentioned in my reply to ticket 60328812 I'll be picking this up as a matter of priority tomorrow for you.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
mekajinn

My broadband is now working, thank you.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for getting back to me, that's really good to hear.
I'll go back and close the ticket on your account after arranging the good will gesture I mentioned.
Adam
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team