Did you mean: 

A whole month to activate?!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: A whole month to activate?!

was this a mistake by Plusnet?

Seeing as you've ordered a service from Plusnet and it's gone wrong, the buck falls with Plusnet to put it right. Unfortunately, we weren't aware of the lack of capacity on the 21st century equipment until after we placed the order.

At the moment it appears your number is in a holding period where all recently ceased numbers go. It looks like it should be released 1 day before your order is expected to complete.

Once your order completes we should be able to renumber your line back to your original number.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
LG

Hi Gandalf, 2 weeks later... I have phone service now but no broadband, and no update as to when I can expect it to be working. The original correspondence said that both would be connected on 15th September, and that my old phone number would be released from 'quarantine' on 14th, after which Plusnet would try to get it back for me. How much longer do I have to wait and what's happening with my phone number?? I never would have changed suppliers if I thought it would be anywhere near this much hassle. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

but no broadband, and no update as to when I can expect it to be working.

Your broadband order completed and account activated this morning. Can you run through the checks here and report a fault to us at http://faults.plus.net if you can't connect.

How much longer do I have to wait and what's happening with my phone number?Huh

I've sent an email over to Openreach Migration Services to see if we can get your telephone number released and made spare on the BT network so we can renumber your line. I'll provide an update on this tomorrow.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I'm just following up on here. Your telephone number has been spared on the BT network so I've now placed an order to renumber your line which should complete tomorrow.

Checking our connection logs, it looks like your router has recently come alive.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Just to let you know on here, your line has now been renumbered to your original telephone number.

I hope this helps.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet