cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A little bit disappointed & upset

famillphipps60

A little bit disappointed & upset

This is my first time here, so apologies for going over what someone else has posted.
We are moving, so contacted plusnet to notify them of this. As those who have moved know is a bit stressful. So when plusnet says relax and from previous dealings we thought good. For the privilege of moving we've been charged £65. We are locked in to contract end which is September. We made a decision in hast, but wish we had been made more aware of the options. To add to this there's a delay on activation of the new property, again!
5 REPLIES 5
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: A little bit disappointed & upset

The £65 charge for a house move is shown on the Plusnet price list, however it is waived if you sign up for a new contract...

famillphipps60

Hi pwatson,

Trouble in hast I've paid the £65, also when we signed up we paid for the full years line rental till September.

I/we would just like to start again, I think there's a 14 day cool off?

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Hi  famillphipps60

You should be able to get your £ 65 back. You will be best speaking to COT , and seeing what else can be offered

When you say start again, do you mean with a new provider, or a new deal with PN ? , If the latter COT should be able to sort something out for you.

If you mean new provider, the rest of your line rental saver is none refundable , and you will have early termination  fees if still in contract till September  

See broadband and phone early termination chargers 

http://www.plus.net/help/legal/plusnet-price-guide-for-residential-products/

Kind regards

Mike 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

famillphipps60

Hi Mike,

I want to stay with PN , apart from having problems sorting the connections out, which are down to Openreach, PN have given good service to date. We were trying to sort out removals and the utilities out on the day we spoke with PN for the house move. So we made a decision maybe in hast?

I'll have to sort it out tomorrow as they won't speak to my wife.

7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

From my point of view of you don't want to sign up to a new contract and don't want to pay £60 then you would be better off using a pay as you go mobile broadband service.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!