cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6 x £10 discount for whinging

regretplusnet
Dabbler

6 x £10 discount for whinging

Once connected (Jan. 2016), I regretted my hasty decision to join PN, for 18 months.  Snail speed aside, many of the (friendly) staff were hopeless and made very basic errors!  Angry letters earned me a discount of £10 per month.  I guessed that such might last for only 6 months and I was correct.  I am now paying full price, for the remaining 12 months.

While the discount was in place, it was cheaper to let the contract run than to cancel it.  Without the discount, early cancellation is imminent.  After 2 months of PN, I ordered a parallel, Virgin, 50Mbps fibre service.  My family mockingly call the old, PN service "S...L...O...W...", as it could be utterly useless at peak times.

For me, 2016 has been a complicated year but, this month, all seems to have been resolved.  Dumping PN would be a satisfying, final act.

3 REPLIES 3
wildthing666
Grafter

Re: 6 x £10 discount for whinging

I would say your best bet is to pay your bill monthly then when they increase the price by more than inflation, currently 0.6%, it then gives you the option to leave as their price rise is more than the rate of inflation and pay no remaining contract charge, simply because the raise is more than the inflation rate and VAT is added to the already above inflation charge. Really a no brainer if you ask me

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Sorry to hear you'll be leaving. Unfortunately an ADSL connection will rarely (If ever) be able to compete with any of the speeds offered by Virgin.

I do wish you all the best moving forward.

@wildthing666- While that may sound like a smart idea and while I am certainly not trying to push anyone to leave early, considering the price increase notifications for September have already gone out (And on this occasion, it's been over 30 days since) your idea may not necessarily work out.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
wildthing666
Grafter

I posted that because my previous provider never sent me any notification of any increase, either by email or letter and I had a bit of trouble getting the charges dropped. I would certainly advise service providers to get read receipts if they email notifications of price increases to customers and providers always put increases up by more than the rate of inflation

P.S.

This is not a dig at any one provider increases are always more than inflation no matter what provider you get the service from