Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£25 to leave??????????????????!

pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: £25 to leave??????????????????!

Quote from: artmo
Given the information here PN would have no problem in proving their case in court.  I hope they pursue it and don't write it off.  

"Honest m'lud - I do not recall ever being told that a white circle with a black diagonal stripe meant 'National Speed Limit Applies' and unless you can prove that I read the Highway Code, was asked a specific question about this sign in my driving test and had the criterior for whether the limit was 60 or 70 on any particular road described in minute detail I'm not going to pay up for the speeding ticket I have received..."
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Quote from: dgharrison
Thanks for all your  less than helpful recent comments.

Received with all our utmost gratitudes. Grin
What I have been trying to say all along is that if all my dealings with Plusnet have been on the telephone, (and for some reason they won't answer that question)  and the salespeople were not doing their jobs properly (which seems to be a regular occurrence if you do an online search), I would never have been made aware of the T & C s which Plusnet keep referring to. None of the emails I have from Plusnet refer to the £25 cessation fee. If Plusnet can send me a copy of just one ticket or email they have sent me which refers to this charge, or which points me to a web page that does so, then I will hold my hands up and pay up, but so far they have refused to do so. Don't any of you wonder why they are refusing this simple request?
Funny that no one else agrees with you, so "no none of us, I guess wonder why Plusnet are 'refsung' your request. Anyway in today's monetary values £25 is not in the general scheme of things but a peppercorn.
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

@dgharrison
Do you seriously expect us to believe that when you ordered/requested the switch from Metronet to Plusnet you thought that there were no terms and conditions? Can you point to a single other company that allows you to place an order (either online or by phone) with no terms and conditions?
People on here have tried to help you by pointing out that your attempt to get out of the cessation charge is not going to succeed and by continuing you are liable to incur costs far higher than the £25 you owe (if they are not already higher). Whether you take this advice or not is up to you - but don't say you haven't been warned.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Razer
Grafter

Some readily forgetting the recent discussion which took place on this forum as to how members treat other posters with a problem. What has changed? Nothing - still all flying in to pile on the scorn when they have nothing constructive or helpful to contribute, instead seeking to be mocking and derisive. At least one familiar face, I see.
PN, how proud you must be of your forum where you are seemingly happy to still allow this kind of behaviour to continue unchecked. And this often from older and purportedly wiser members.
To the OP, I see and understand what you are trying to do. It is not unreasonable to seek proof of assertions, and those who assert are indeed obliged to prove. What constitutes proof in your case I think is best confined to you and PN (and perhaps a court and the law - which is up to you if you are happy to fight that far).
dgharrison
Grafter

Thanks Razer. Good to hear there is at least one voice of reason on here.
@jelv  I never said I thought there were no T & Cs just that I would like proof that I was told about them. Do you really think I was not aware that it might cost money to fight this?
@lucerne  So if £25 is peppercorn, why are Plusnet / Metronet, who have had literally thousands of pounds off me over the years, not just writing it off as one of their costs?
@t watson    The government have my signature on my application for a driving licence to prove I was aware of the rules I was agreeing to abide by. All I'm asking is for Plusnet to show they have something similar.
@chris  " there is a ticket from the 28/06/10 where you requested an account change via our website. This also means you would have had to accept the T&Cs at point of request, therefore showing that you did indeed accept the cessation fee as it was part of the T&Cs at this point." 
Finally, proof that I was made aware of the T & Cs. That is all I have been asking for. Only taken 4 months. I have now paid the £25 as you have proved I must have been made aware of the T & Cs at his point. It would have saved us all so much time if Plusnet had just said that at the beginning. Thanks to those that deserve it.  Tongue to the rest of you!
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

As this has now been sorted this thread is potentially going to go nowhere except downhill.
This thread is therefore locked