Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£25 to leave??????????????????!

pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: £25 to leave??????????????????!

Come on, give up and admit you've made a mistake!
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

As already mentioned, it's part of the T&Cs that you *need* to agree to before a new account can be created, James has already provided you the link to them earlier in this thread.
It's also worth noting that the cessation fee had been present on Metronet prior to you coming over to Plusnet: http://www.metronet.co.uk/support/broadband/products/cessation_charges.shtml
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
dgharrison
Grafter

Did I sign up online or by phone?
Chris
Legend

At this moment I'm unsure, that's because we archive tickets and notes on accounts over 2 years old. So to unarchive them would take a few days to do as a request would need to be sent to another department.
However it's irrelevant as the T&Cs are sent to you in a ticket if you sign up over the phone, if you signed up online you agree to them during the signup and also the cessation fee was there on Metronet before you moved over to Plusnet too.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
pwatson
Rising Star

Sounds like the OP needs to make an FOI request for the information - At least Plusnet would then be able to charge for his time wasting...
dgharrison
Grafter

In that case you should be able to send me a copy of the ticket informing me of the terms and conditions which is what I have been asking for for the last 4 months!

Thanks twatson, when I want your input I'll ask for it.

pwatson
Rising Star

I assume the last bit was aimed at me...
Why should Plusnet bend over backwards to supply you with information because you've forgotten about it?  You accepted the T&Cs by virtue of using your account.  The T&Cs were published at the point of signup.
It seems that the old adage involving fools, money and parting isn't true after all Smiley
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

No wonder they set the Bailiffs on you  Roll_eyes
cant accept a reasoned argument (everyone else on this forum can)  Crazy
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Chris
Legend

I've just checked back on your account and whilst I can't see the ticket from when you signed up without getting someone to pull it from the archive, there is a ticket from the 28/06/10 where you requested an account change via our website. This also means you would have had to accept the T&Cs at point of request, therefore showing that you did indeed accept the cessation fee as it was part of the T&Cs at this point.
Open : This Customer has chosen to upgrade from "Plusnet Value" to "Extra" on their next invoice date (XX-XX-XXXX)

I've blanked out the invoice date.
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

cant accept a reasoned argument (everyone else on this forum can)

Maybe Mr Harrison is a politician in his spare time?????  Roll_eyes
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Or may be LLB (Barrackroom) and candidate for UKIP or Monster RL party. Roll_eyes
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
dgharrison
Grafter

Thanks for all your  less than helpful recent comments.
What I have been trying to say all along is that if all my dealings with Plusnet have been on the telephone, (and for some reason they won't answer that question)  and the salespeople were not doing their jobs properly (which seems to be a regular occurrence if you do an online search), I would never have been made aware of the T & C s which Plusnet keep referring to. None of the emails I have from Plusnet refer to the £25 cessation fee. If Plusnet can send me a copy of just one ticket or email they have sent me which refers to this charge, or which points me to a web page that does so, then I will hold my hands up and pay up, but so far they have refused to do so. Don't any of you wonder why they are refusing this simple request?
artmo
Aspiring Champion

Quote from: lucerne
Good luck to the OP Roll_eyes when he loses and costs are added to the £25.

Given the information here PN would have no problem in proving their case in court.  I hope they pursue it and don't write it off. 
Chris
Legend

If Plusnet can send me a copy of just one ticket or email they have sent me which refers to this charge, or which points me to a web page that does so, then I will hold my hands up and pay up, but so far they have refused to do so. Don't any of you wonder why they are refusing this simple request?

I've given you the information from a ticket when you requested to change account type, which would have meant accepting the terms and conditions. Also as I've mentioned earlier, getting old tickets from the archive requires me to raise a task to another department so can take a few days, I can't see where we're refused anything?
pwatson
Rising Star

Quote from: dgharrison
I would never have been made aware of the T & C s which Plusnet keep referring to.

Do you make a habit of taking on a service without reading the associated T&Cs?
Quote from: dgharrison
Don't any of you wonder why they are refusing this simple request?

Clearly not...  They, and others, have explained that the prevailing T&Cs were available for you to read at the time of sign up.  If you chose not to read them then caveat emptor...