cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 year contract ?

ferkemall
Dabbler

2 year contract ?

I complained that the broadband speed was to slow 2.04 MBS and the service keeps dropping out ,after the usual 30 minuets someone answered and after hearing my complaint I was offered fiber at a lower cost than I'm paying now but the contract was to run for 2 years ? The longest contract iv seen was for 18 months the usual is 12 months ,I contacted them for an answer but as yet have not got one ,I did get a call from escalating that if I had fiber it would cost me even more money ,I do have other things to sort out at the moment so I will leave it as is for now
I did however find out that offcom are changing the regulations about leaving ISP,s and making a lot easier to do so I think it comes in on June the 20 the !
4 REPLIES 4
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: 2 year contract ?

Unfortunately it does seem that 2.04Mbps is within the estimates of your line (1Mbps - 4Mbps) and it looks like the connection has been stable for the past 3 days, however if it does start dropping out again, I'd recommend raising a fault at http://faults.plus.net as it doesn't look like a fault has been raised regarding this previously.
Although you're right that 12 month contracts are the standard contract we offer for ADSL, the minimum on FTTC is 18 months, generally when re-contracting we can offer lower costs if you are happy to opt for a longer contract, which is likely the reason a 24 month contract was offered for an upgrade to fibre if it was offered at a lower cost than the standard fibre package pricing.
In regards to the Ofcom switching changes, this was implemented on 20/06/15 Wink
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
aesmith
Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: ferkemall
I complained that the broadband speed was to slow 2.04 MBS and the service keeps dropping out

What speed were you expecting, and what was that expectation based on?  I might be irrelevant if you're moving to fibre, but then again if it's something at your end or a fault on your line that's slowing you down then you may not yet the best out of the fibre service.  Have you done the normal checks at your end, no dodgy phone extension wiring, filters in the correct places etc.  People can advise, but need to know more about your installation.
ferkemall
Dabbler

30 to answer the phone,questions still awaiting answers .

Called up to find out why I'm paying appx £36 a month for broadband that's slower than dial up ,  30 minutes to answer the phone then promised they will put me straight through to another dept ,result another pile of CD,s told I could have fiber for less than I'm paying now but would have have a 2 year contract ,then get a call saying I can have fiber but it will cost more than I'm paying now ,
How many others have had there broadband slow down to dial up speed ? Then been offered fiber ?
I don't even want to phone these people up because they just don't want to answer the phone its susposed to be a communications company but they don't do that ,I left talk talk because they never answered the phones .
I seem to spend time I don't have trying to get a poor service sorted out and the only communication I get is oh we are taking £36 out your account for our services each month .
I have other things to sort out in life but am looking to change my ISP ,the good news is OFFCOM is making it easier to change ISP,s in June ,my contract is out anyway so I'm looking to change and its all down to bad service questions not answered and to long trying to get through !
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

mod:note
Merged topics
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'