cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 Month and counting ......

RobRS
Grafter

Re: 1 Month and counting ......

Well a very helpful Openreach engineer turned up Today, said that the exchange was showing us as not connected, he suspected that we were on line but only on one leg.
He went away and did some tinkering and the log below shows the result:
14:40:48, 28 Feb. (13027.990000) ETHoA is up -​ VPI: 0, VCI:35
14:40:48, 28 Feb. (13027.990000) DSL is up
14:40:47, 28 Feb. (13026.940000) DSL noise margin: 6.00 dB upstream, 3.10 dB downstream
14:40:46, 28 Feb. (13026.470000) DSL line rate: 903 Kbps upstream, 3319 Kbps downstream
12:47:50, 28 Feb. ( 6249.970000) DSL is down after 102 minutes uptime
Looks good but I am still only getting 0.8Mb download is this a PNet issue?
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Rob,
Please find the 'current speed' using the link below - you will be prompted to logon to your PlusNet account.
Also, please run a full BTw Speed test, using the FURTHER DIAGNOSTICS - ignore all the stuff in red (do not restart your router).

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

RobRS
Grafter

Current Speed:
Estimated line speed:
There's no speed estimate currently held on your account.
Current line speed:
2.9 Mb
BTw basic speed test shows 0.8 mb down but advanced test shows 2.04Mb down ?
Edit to I've fixed the problem, just needed to reboot the router  Smiley , as advised by Pnet Chat. I was avoiding trying this because I now that this often has a negative effect on speed but in this case was obviously the right thing to do.
RobRS
Grafter

Just thought I would give a quick update on our BT Openreach / Plusnet woes........

So our line was disconnected by a damaged aerial line on 25th January, was finally reconnected on 26th February.

Speed was really low this got sorted on 28th February so we thought our problems were over Smiley

How wrong!!

About a Month ago BT Openreach decide to "upgrade" the aerial cable to our area, so far we have:

been disconnected multiple times and had to get engineers out to repair.

had cables left in a field and sheep continualy pulled them out of the junction box that was lying in a hedge, full of water.

and now for the last 3 days we have someone elses phone number, and presumably someone else has ours.

The things that I have learned with all of this is that all we can do in these situations is

1. report to Plusnet.

2. pray that an engineer will turn up sometime. (Maybe a few days / a couple of Months or not at all).

3. once repaired hope that another engineer doesn't turn up and break it again.

4. don't expect to get any accurate or meaningful information from Plusnet.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Sadly there are far too many opportunities for this kind of situation to go wrong. Retail ISPs, BTw, BTOpenreach, their sub contractors and then plain human error when they do get someone on the ground.

Sadly the end person does not own responsibility for the full resolution of the issue, all too often it's passed all the way back to the retail ISP/CP.

BTOR is not fit for purpose.

How is this sad tale progressing?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.