1 Month and counting ......

RobRS
Grafter

1 Month and counting ......

Question #************ - Your Feedback< Back
************ - CSC Analyst
8:35am, Wednesday 27 Jan 2016
Dear Mr ************,
Your fault has now been raised with Openreach who we work with on Phone issues for further investigation. They have advised the estimated time for resolution is 29/01/16 23:59:59. Please note this is only a estimate and the fault could be resolved before this date, however we will continue to monitor for updates from them and if we are able to provide an update sooner than this we will do so.
**internal**
Fault Type: no dial tone
Test Results: dis in network
Fault Ref: ************
Estimated Resolution Time: 29/01/16 23:59:59
Contact Details:************

Kind regards,
RealTimeSessionID ************
[Email notification sent to: ************]
8:35am, Wednesday 27 Jan 2016
This Question is now on hold until Saturday 30th January at 7:00am.
Kind regards,
Script User - Automated Script Pool
7:05am, Saturday 30 Jan 2016
Question [ ************] is now off hold. Our Support Team will provide a further update soon.
10:49am, Sunday 31 Jan 2016
Chat reference: ************
Description: Fault still not resolved, should have been repaired by midnight on 29/01 - please investigate issue with the suppliers and contact customer back. Customer also states that this is a physical line issue, as the "phone line is snapped and is laying in the road "
Kind regards,
12:45pm, Monday 1 Feb 2016
Arranged faults handover.
Web chat ref: ************
Kind regards,
************- BOT - DSL Logged Faults
1:48pm, Monday 1 Feb 2016
**INTERNAL**
Testing. Results to follow shortly.
Your Response
1:55pm, Monday 1 Feb 2016
Testing? the phone feeding several properties is snapped and laying on the ground?
************- BOT - DSL Logged Faults
2:01pm, Monday 1 Feb 2016
Dear ************,
I have today chased our suppliers for an update to find out why this issue is still on going. They have advised me that work is scheduled in their work stack for completion on the 2nd of February.
The job has been with BT's contractors for sometime and for this I can only apologise. As the issue is within our suppliers network, the job is in their hands. We have the ability to chase for updates or in some cases push for work to be done sooner but on this occasion BT have a set time with the contractors. Apart from this, we have no choice but to allow BT to control the fix of this issue.
We will continue to check for updates with our suppliers and will update this ticket when needed.

**internal**
No notes in openreach tracker.

Kind regards,
************ - BOT - DSL Logged Faults
2:01pm, Monday 1 Feb 2016
INTERNAL: Holding for updates.

This Question is now on hold until Tuesday 2nd February at 9:00am.
9:05am, Tuesday 2 Feb 2016
Question [ ************] is now off hold. Our Support Team will provide a further update soon.
12:17pm, Tuesday 2 Feb 2016
[internal]
Webchat Ref: ************
Notes: EU looking for update, advised next update is due tomorrow.
EU not happy with timescale taking to resolve issue

Kind regards,
Your Response
6:16pm, Wednesday 3 Feb 2016
So, as I speculated in my last online chat this has not been updated. Online chat is now unavailable, phone line wait is 30 mins plus. What next?
And the line is still broken and no engineer has been to the site!!
8:01pm, Wednesday 3 Feb 2016
8:02pm, Wednesday 3 Feb 2016
[internal]
No updates on tracker. contacting CMC.
8:09pm, Wednesday 3 Feb 2016
Dear ************,
Thanks for your patience. I've checked with Openreach for an update on the fault. They have advised due to resourcing issues they are running behind in your area and their engineers are currently scheduled to go out to make the repair on the 7th.
We'll continue to monitor this for updates and provide them when available.
Many apologies for the ongoing inconvenience this is causing.
Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at http://contactus.plus.net or by phone on 0800 432 0200 if we can be of further assistance.
Kind regards,
This Question is now on hold until Sunday 7th February at 2:00pm.
[Sms Message: Plusnet: I've checked with Openreach for an update on the fault. They have advised due to resourcing issues they are running behind in your area and their engineers are currently scheduled to go out to make the repair on the 7th.]
2:05pm, Sunday 7 Feb 2016
Question [ ************ ] is now off hold. Our Support Team will provide a further update soon.
10:27am, Monday 8 Feb 2016
Customer still has fault on line
Please update
Kind regards,
Your Response
12:11pm, Monday 8 Feb 2016
BT engineer has just visited, he was not aware of the nature of the fault and stated that it would be a different team that would deal with this.
Just to be clear (as stated countless times in my contact with Plusnet) This fault is due to a phone cable serving a number of properties being snapped and lying on the ground. It would probably be helpful if BT were given this information rather than them sending out an engineer to look at non existent faults at a single property.
12:24pm, Monday 8 Feb 2016
[internal]
Webchat Ref: ************
Notes: issue ongoing, passed back to faults

Kind regards,
64 REPLIES 64
RobRS
Grafter

Re: 1 Month and counting ......

Can't understand why it took 2 weeks to get an engineer here and then when he arrived was not aware of the damaged cable that I have been discussing with PN for 2 weeks.
RobRS
Grafter

So OR now know what I have been telling PN for 2 weeks, well done PN on your communication skills.
Todays Udate:
*********** - CSC Analyst
8:06am, Tuesday 9 Feb 2016
Dear Mr ********,
Chat ***********
Eng notes:
Photographic evidence available I cannot complete this task because of a hazard owned by Openreach / third party. Aerial cable brought down and has a job into be looked at is preventing further work. The line has been proven good to the DP A line disconnection was detected towards the end customer. Please see additional information **** job needs to go into common fault que as over head aerial cable is down manager is aware ***
Status is Assigned to engineer today.
RobRS
Grafter

Another update, apparently "overhead cable work is needed" I have known this since 27th Jan when I reported to PN that the cable was down. Good to see that everyone's efforts since then have been worth while.

********* - BOT - DSL Logged Faults
2:43pm, Tuesday 9 Feb 2016
Dear Mr **********,
Thank you for your patience.
I am sorry to see your fault is still ongoing.
I have been in contact with our suppliers today for updates on your fault. They have advised that engineers have been out today and advised that overhead cable work is needed.
Your fault is now back with the planning team who will arrange for engineers to work on your fault further.
Unfortunately we do not have a new estimated repair time at this point.
I will now place this ticket on hold until 10/02/16 as we await further updates from Openreach. We will be in touch with an update within 72 hours of this ticket being released.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation in this matter. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.
You can get back in touch online at http://contactus.plus.net or by phone on 0800 432 0200 or 0345 140 0200 if we can be of further assistance.Also,our Plusnet Chat team are here to help , for a live update (Mon to Fri 10:00 - 18:00) click here: www.plus.net/update

This Question is now on hold until Wednesday 10th February at 7:00am.
Kind regards,
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Reporting via that I think will only result in them sending someone out to make it safe - they probably won't actually fix it.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
runhare
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

I can recall many such dialogues after overhead phone line damage. It is all down to BT/OR and their rubbish comminication systems, and poor engineer training .  Also bear in mind we are in mid winter and repair jobs take a lot longer and staff are overstretched. 
However thso gives me the opportunity to share the funniest excuse I ever expereinced  for a delayed repair. An engineer tunred up to repair a known fault but could not climb a pole to make a repair as he did not have access to a blue ladder. He needed it in case there was a risk of touching nearby live 230v mains cables . Blue ladders are insulated . We suggested he go & get one and he did. When he returned he said he couldn't actually climb  the ladder beause he didn't have a colleague to watch him. The next day he retunred with a mate. The mate said they couldn't use the blue  ladder as it was not long enough  to reach the top of the pole &  they would need a cherry picker. Cherry pickers need to be prebooked and are not as common as a ladder. It took a week for one to be allocated . When the cherry picker arrived the men who brought it did not have details of the fault. They disconencted someone elses phone and left .
After many complaints a senior BTOR supervisor arrived with a normal ladder and fixed the problem himself in 5 minutes . he wore rubber gloves and boots
You could not write the script .
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi RobRS,
I'm sorry to see this is taking a while to resolve.
As you may be aware the issue is a common fault affecting a number of other customers in your area.
I've been made aware that repair work is taking place today so we should have an update tomorrow for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
RobRS
Grafter

Thanks Adam,
However my gripe is that I reported it was " a common fault affecting a number of other customers in your area" (phone cable serving several houses snapped) on January 27th it is now 10th of Feb. I have been told on numerous occasions that the fault would be repaired on various dates 29/1, 2/2, 7/2, 8/2.
As yet the only engineer that I have seen turned up on the 8/2 under the impression that the fault was at my property only and was unable to repair. I will prepare myself to be shocked when the repair takes place today.
I have been told that I will receive a credit for 1 month broadband when the fault is resolved, the way things are going we will have been offline for a month by the time this is repaired, I am also paying subscriptions for online services that are unusable (Netflix, Amazon Prime, Tidal, Xbox etc..)
Not to mention the inconvenience this is causing with me not being able to work effectively from home and my wife's college studies.
If I thought that it was acceptable to be offline for this amount of time I would not be a customer in the first place.
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

If any affected properties have resident with medical issues, that would move up the priority of repair.
O/R would need advising/ accept of course Huh
RobRS
Grafter

Adam W - on the 10th "repair work is taking place today"
Well unsurprisingly it didn't and there are no engineers there today either...
RobRS
Grafter

Todays BS:  Is there a standard book of these excuses that just get randomly assigned? I know what the fault is "two spans" not true!! (one span with and intermediate pole) quite a big span as well, probably why it failed initially. But shouldn't OR be maintaining this lines anyway? regardless we were all aware of this 17 days ago, so how is this news?
My recomendation to PN, as someone who works in a customer faceing role for the last 25yrs, is that you should inform the customer as early as possible of the potential time scale and then try and meet it. Don't tell them "They have advised the estimated time for resolution is 29/01/16 23:59:59. Please note this is only a estimate and the fault could be resolved before this date" to then find that 17 days later OR have not lifted a finger.
Also I don't know why I keep getting thanked for my "patience" I lost that a while ago, all I have know is overwhelming frustration at how useless and incompetent PN and OR are. and to think I am paying these people.

*************** - BOT - DSL Logged Faults
5:22pm, Thursday 11 Feb 2016
Dear Mr Adams,
Thank you for your patience.
Our suppliers have advised that there are two spans of aerial cable which is currently being handled by the engineers at this moment. We have been advised to review your case in 48 hours to allow our engineers time to complete the work required.
We will review your fault after this time.

This Question is now on hold until Saturday 13th February at 7:00am.
Kind regards,
RobRS
Grafter

Day 18 - still no sign of any repair being made!
RobRS
Grafter

Day 19 - still no sign of any repair being made!
ckitching

While this is a pretty hilarious screwup, it's clearly not really PlusNet's fault. They can't directly repair the line, they can merely send instructions to the BT/OpenReach people who do the actual repair.
Or, in your case, who keep telling PlusNet "It'll be repaired on this date" and then not doing it.
😕
mav:quote