It's been a little while since we posted an update about the latest happenings on the network and particular what's happening with streaming usage. We'll start as usual with a few of headlines then move on with a bit more detail:
- Streaming usage is on the increase again. May saw a slight decrease of 4.2% (2.8TB) per day but June was 9.83% up on May (3.1TB)
- Streaming usage is now 168.9% higher per day than it was 1 year ago (3.1TB compared to 1.1TB). Total traffic is 26.5% higher per day than 1 year ago (37.2TB compared to 47TB).
- P2P traffic is actually 8.75% lower per day than it was 1 year ago shrinking to 25.93% of total traffic from 35.95% one year ago (13.4TB reduced to 12.2TB).
- Streaming now accounts for 9.64% of all downloaded traffic in the evening (4pm to midnight) (41.4TB out of 429TB) and 6.57% of all traffic (upload and download across the whole day) (92.7TB out of 1.41PB).
- The record hour for the highest amount of streaming has been broken 4 times in June.
- Similarly the highest amount of streaming in a single day has been broken 3 times in June and the highest amount of evening (4pm to midnight) streaming broken twice.