cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google - Less is more

Google - Less is more

Google - Less is more

google image How many of us have Google as their homepage? I know I do. Why though? Well, the reason I've had Google as my homepage since I can remember is because there's nothing to it; it's not busy advertising, or flashing tempting links at me. If I want the news I'll search for it. I don't need it served up to me. A recent report showed that 92% of us here in the UK use Google as our search engine. Do the other search options such as Yahoo, Bing and Ask, who fight for the other 8%, not see the big hint here? After all, what do you want a search engine for? To search, of course. Keeping it plain and simple has worked wonders for Google and I think that's what makes it so popular. A plain white background and a search box is all you need. We buy a kettle to boil water, we don't need bells and whistles on it. I suspect the kettles that do have bells and whistles on sell a whole lot less than the ones that do the job we want it for, just to boil water, nothing else. Google certainly seem to have the gift when it comes to knowing what we need, and with the release of Google+ I would certainly start thinking about selling my Facebook shares, if I had any.

0 Thanks
11 Comments
1038 Views
11 Comments