cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End of Day: 7th March

I must admit I'm worried.  I keep expecting to see Daleks.. or Vicky Pollard going "Yeah but no but.." Only every time I take my headphones off I keep hearing *that voice* coming across the room from Marketing.  They're all huddled round Nick's desk giggling like schoolchildren. What are they up to? Tell me Michael, you haven't seen any Timelords in the CSC have you?: Welcome to the top 5 from the CSC. Most people are pleased it's Friday; we on the other hand are only on our ‘Tuesday', so 2 more days to go 🙂

1. At number 1 we have Router setup: again this is both our customers' own routers and the ones we send out; this is very simple to do and can be very quick.
  2. Email: setting up Outlook and other clients and advising on how to use the Webmail.
  3. Fault updates: again as before, ‘no sync' and authentication faults are where we get most calls; a lot of people don't have a modem for dialup.
  4. Sales calls: this is mainly with the new home phone offer; lots of current and new customers calling about this great offer.
  5. Billing: customers calling about their current invoices, the costs involved in changing account and the pay-as-you-go charges on the new packages.

All in all a very busy day but the stats look great. Thanks for reading! And the stats:  92 % CAR. Longest wait 9:09 seconds Clearly not then.  Kev, you've not bumped into any big blue boxes in the Network room have you? This week Networks Operations have been doing a sterling job in resolving those areas that make an immediate impact to our highest priority ...our customer! This has manifested itself in the closing higher than average ticket numbers at the start of the week, bringing these down to average numbers by the close of the week. A great effort! In addition, a lot of root-cause analysis has been successfully completed on problems and a high level of these has been closed. This is an excellent result in that the more problems we close by getting to the root cause, fewer tickets are raised, and this benefits directly the customer receiving a constantly improving service.....something we all in networks are trying to achieve. Other work this week within Net Ops has included improvements to our staging platform, both in terms of the introduction of newly invested hardware and configuration, and improvements to our monitoring toolsets and platform. Within Network Development we have been beavering away at the multiple projects we are currently engaged in, that when completed, will provide enhanced stability and improvements to our platform; again to enhance the experience our customer receives. At a high level these projects will provide improvements to our Backup platform, Traffic Control platform and Network Security. Other salient events have included Carl consuming lots of Crunchies and French Fries....and Russ modelling for random access control badges...nice highlights Russ!!!! Rys, tell me has Development had a busy day?  No Cybermen stomping around or anything?: It's been a hectic week in Dev, with almost the entire department consumed by our biggest project, with some milestones to hit pretty soon. Since Brightview phase 1's completion, I've moved to the Internet Teleworker team, to help give the team a boost there and get fresh momentum and impetus. We've also got a big project nearing completion, so I've been busy this week completing development and ushering it onto our staging platform; so that when we go live it plugs into BT's systems nicely and with no real impact to the customer. I even got to write some Python, in amongst the ton of PHP. With the Remote Development team working their collective backsides off with upcoming Framework-based projects. That means every main development resource in the department is flat out at the moment. We've got two new starters on Monday, one of whom I'm mentoring, so here's hoping the pace of things doesn't scare them off too much Wink Lionel.. I mean Chris, just what IS going on in Gallifrey Marketing?: I've successfully removed the giant fish head from my shoulders and cracked on with sending some emails to promote our new Home Phone offers. We've also got the finished copies of some radio ads to be aired over the coming weeks in the Sheffield area and have been looking into the possibility of ANOTHER offer!  Time for the pub me thinks. <note: for contractual reasons some parts of this End of Day report has had to be removed> Matt, what's hapn'in' Comms?: Comms is teh r0x0rz. That is all. Err.. right.  Short and to the point I guess.  Have a great weekend.P-j

0 Thanks
1 Comment
1 Comment