cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Development Problem Update

The following post was made today by one of the Department Heads in our Development Teams, Jayne Cockill, into our internal forums :

In the second half of 2006, Development made a massive impact on the number of problems in the Development pools. At the beginning of November, around the time the Live Code Support Team (LCST) was created, we branched off 131 problems into a separate pool to be owned by the rest of Development, leaving LCST able to focus on P1s and the newer 'run-rate' problems. Development made the commitment to close these 131 'backlog' problems whatever it took. Well, they've done it. It has taken two and a half months, many man-hours and a lot of above-and-beyond dedication from Developers and QA to get these closed. This backlog contained some of the oldest, nastiest problems and very few were easy to fix, but we are now free of their burden. This frees Developers and QA to now focus fully on projects and to assist LCST with newer problems. I’d like to thank everyone that has been involved in this process. I for one truly understand the effort that it has taken to get to this crucial point. I do, however, also believe that we have all learned some valuable lessons as a result, let’s just ensure that we keep learning and continue to demonstrate Cornerstones to ensure that we don’t ever allow ourselves to fall back into old ways. Well done guys! Regards, Jayne.
On Monday, I will be providing some more stats on our progress with problems in general.
0 Thanks
0 Comments