Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pnhub1 shared

FIXED
Quiller
Hooked

pnhub1 shared

I recently got fibre with a Plusnet Hub1 router.

I have a Mac and in Finder I notice that in the left hand column under "shared" is pnhub1. However, when I click on that I get a message "Connection Failed". I tried the "Connect As" button and connecting as a Registered User entered my name and password, but that also failed. (BTW is the password suposed to be my Mac password or my Plusnet password? -I've tried both). I also tried connecting as a Guest and that also failed.

The fibre connection to the internet and the router appear to be working ok, so what is the point of connecting to the shared device pnhub1 anyway?

3 REPLIES 3
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Re: pnhub1 shared

Fix

The USB connection on the Hub One is for a USB drive.

Quiller
Hooked

Thanks. I put a USB drive in the back of the router and then clicked on the shared device pnhub1 and it connected to it and I could access the data in the USB drive. It does raise the question however of why not just stick the USB drive in the back of the computer?

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

I have a 2TB USB drive connected to my HubOne and all devices on my network can access it. Handy for when you want to share stuff between multiple computers without having to remove it and plug it into another machine.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.