cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi calling challenges

FIXED
AndyBarker

Wifi calling challenges

Hi all, new to this forum so thanks in advance for any help that may be provided.

I have an issue with wifi calling. My provider (Virgin) have enabled my account with wifi calling and I can see the option in my setting is 'ticked'. My new home has terrible mobile network reception and we have Plusnet broadband in place.

As soon as my phone is connected to the broadband my wifi calling option disappears and I am unable to use the facility (obviously the time when I need it). Any ideas of what the issue is? Is there something on the router I need to do

6 REPLIES 6
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

Re: Wifi calling challenges

Hi Andy,

A warm welcome to the forums.

No there is nothing your need to do.  The phone will select what works best for it - 3/4G or wifi calling.  I have wifi calling on my EE service over Plusnet's internet service.

This might be a phone issue.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

@AndyBarker 

Can you use the Internet on your phone with the phone mobile data switched Off but connected to your Plusnet hub?

Moderator’s Note

This topic has been moved from Broadband to My Router

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

AndyBarker

Hi, yes. No problems with internet connection. It's just that the wifi calling seems to stop working when connected to broadband,

Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

@AndyBarker 

So the phone is connecting to your hub. I assume that your phone is set to allow WiFi calling? As @Townman suggests, it could be a phone issue but also possibly a Virgin configuration error. I would take it up with them.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 76

Fix

@AndyBarker 

I've just tried this and it worked on my Pixel 7 Pro.

Put the phone in 'Aeroplane Mode' and then enable Wifi leaving Aeroplane mode enabled

Screen displayed a message about calls being made using Wifi calling

HTH ?

Edit: - I only see the Vodafone Wi-Fi Calling message when phone is locked

AndyBarker

Hi, well I never! That seems to have worked. Thanks for that. Only my wifes phone to sort now. Same issue so lets see what happens.

Thanks a million.