cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using the BT Smarthub 6 on a Plusnet Account

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Using the BT Smarthub 6 on a Plusnet Account

Yeah, mine has received several updates.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

@Archer 

As @dvorak  says, they do automatically update. Be aware that these updates are rolled out over a period, for example, @dvorak received the latest business version firmware on the 24 February. Mine did not update until 4 March. So don't panic if someone reports an update before you receive it.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

arturhoo

My BT router received an update last Friday (28 March) which caused it to lose internet connection with Plusnet. I had to plug-in the Plusnet Router but bumped into the 5Ghz issue from the other thread.

Anyone else had the same experience with their BT router? Thanks,

Baldrick1

@arturhoo 

I have not heard of it before, it could have simply been a glitch during the update.

Are you saying that you could not simply reconnect the Smarthub? If not, why not? All you should have needed to do was unplug the DSL line, re-enter your Plusnet credentials, plug in the DSL cable and away to go.

Moderator and Customer

jwsg
Rising Star

I received SG4B1000E020 in the last couple of weeks. This happened during a period where my line was unstable but the line seems OK now. The reported Line Attenuation has increased - I thought this was related to the line issues but its possible the reported value change is just a feature of the new Smarthub firmware - as the line speed is now back to where it was before.

jwsg
Rising Star

In addition, the 'BT Wi-fi status' seems to be stuck on 'Active' even after a factory reset

On the Advanced Wireless it now seems easier to set independent Network Names for 2,4 and 5Ghz

Baldrick1

@jwsg 

Try switching it off using the router on/off switch. Leave it for a minute then back on. I have seen one start up in a funny manner when switched on at the mains.

Moderator and Customer

jwsg
Rising Star

Thanks for the idea. I was just listing things I'd noticed changed since SG4B1000E020 which I think is being rolled out. It would be useful if anyone has had this update to check the Status page for 'BT Wi-fi status' which I'm sure was Off before

Baldrick1

@jwsg 

Sorry, I can't help with that one as I use the Business version, wich has different firmware.

Are you saying that it does not allow you to turn it off in the settings?

Moderator and Customer

jwsg
Rising Star

There doesn't seem to be an off option on the non-business version just a link to a BT account website to turn it on/off.

It's similar to this post from 2 weeks ago https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Using-the-BT-Smarthub-6-on-a-Plusnet-Account/m-p/1716280#M17... except a factory reset isn't fixing it for me, so I was wondering if any other users are getting this. 

LifeonMars
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Are you ensuring that your keeping the  factory reset hole at rear of Smart hub,  pushed in for long enough ?  Also do a Factory reset from the System Advanced settings/System/ Factory Reset.

jwsg
Rising Star

Ive tried a button factory reset and a menu factory reset. Both times the BT wifi setting has initialised to Active. I think it was off when I first set up the router last year and I only noticed it was now Active after the update to SG4B1000E020 

The other change - the Line Attenuation reported value increase - I have seen mentioned elsewhere 

It might just be coincidence but if anyone who's had the recent firmware update could check then it would be handy.

Farnzie
Dabbler

Mine shows BT as active, but it all works fine. I got the SG4B1000E020 update on March 16th.

46.5 dB

jwsg
Rising Star

The router's working OK but the setup instructions do suggest turning it off, and the post here a couple of weeks ago mentioned they had noticed It broadcasting BTWi-fi-with-FON and BTWifi-X when it's on, so if there was a way to turn it off again for a Plusnet user that would be great;

Farnzie
Dabbler

Ah yes, mine is broadcasting both of those.