Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using the BT Smarthub 6 on a Plusnet Account

LifeonMars
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Re: Using the BT Smarthub 6 on a Plusnet Account

When you have the DSL cable unplugged.  Enter your username@plusdsl.net and password.

Plug  the dsl cable into your phone socket and up the top right of page should say 'apply," or save or similar wait and your BT smart hub should connect.

If not do a complete Hard reset and start again.

ensure that smart set up is turned off.

SAABDude
Grafter

BT Smart Hub (6) Type A now installed in place of PN Hub One.

All went fairly smoothly following excellent instructions on this thread (thanks).  Did a Factory reset (tiny pin hole button) and a reset via the web page prior to setting up.

Did not connect the router RJ11 cable to the master socket until after PN username was set-up on the BT Hub as recommended.  It did take a couple of goes for it to accept / save the PN username (using the Connect button without the cable connected) but it did do it (and you could confirm it was saved by going out / back in to the menu option).

Has all been running fine for 24 hrs so far.  No issues with 5Ghz connections - no need to switch channels at all - so easy - set up first go - no fuss.  No disconnections on wifi - all good.  BB connection rates show 40mps and 10Mbps down / up so just same as PN Hub One.

Impression is that BT Smart Hub is better - wifi connections were that bit quicker for example.  Web interface is good but Device listing doesn't update (using Refresh) as reliably as the the PN Hub One for some reason - sometimes still shows devices as connected when they have been turned off for a few mins.  Other than that can't fault the BT hub at the moment.

Fingers crossed.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

@Benny1 

Have you tried your Plusnet hub and confirmed that you have a connection with that?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Benny1

Yes changed router ,plugged smarthub in
Baldrick1

@Benny1 

Can you take a screensot of the advanced broadband page, obscure personal log in username and password  and post here?

Moderator and Customer

moansalot
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

My experience for what its worth

Installed a (new - ebay purchased) BT business hub 6 about 10 days ago - it was initially stuck on old software  then about 7 days ago it finally updated itself  model 88315   to software  version ******92c4 dated 21st July  and since then it  has remained stable  for 6 days 18 hrs without reboot.

Data syncing at  a reasonably healthy 67/20 but have high SNR due to ongoing phone line issue ( router reporting following so fingers crossed)

21703 / 87152

androidtanmay
Grafter

@moansalot 

Can you tell me the full firmware version of your HH? I thought the latest is SG4B1000E020, which is giving all sorts of trouble. Desperately waiting for a newer build.

@Baldrick1 

Any ways i can request for a latest firmware push to the HH6A?

Benny1

Sorted thanks was inputting my hub password and not account
SAABDude
Grafter

@androidtanmay

Re BT HH6 firmware, mine updated last night (28/07/2020) to:

SG4B1000E020

No problems seen so far.

androidtanmay
Grafter

@SAABDude

I am on the same version but the HH keeps rebooting every midnight following TR69 activity. Also this TR69 (ACS) event also leads to network disconnection during the day as well leading to reduced sync speeds. Getting to a pount of being fed up. Purchased the HH in the hope of a better wifi performance on 5Ghz band over LN Hub 1 but proving to be detrimental now.

Regards
Baldrick1

@androidtanmay 

We are using the BT premium ISP hub by bodging the settings. Will BT Retail offer you support and push you firmware to your Plusnet connection? I will leave you to work that one out!

Moderator and Customer

androidtanmay
Grafter

@Baldrick1

I understand what you are saying. But it’s not only me. There are many others on separate PN threads and even on BT own community who are facing the same issue and possibly pointing out the firmware. But since not everyone on the firmware is having the issue hence not sure what it boils down to.
Agree BT will not be pushing the update hence was checking if you know of any other way.
Baldrick1

@androidtanmay 

The only way that I have found that can trigger an update is a factory reset but I wouldn't bother until I knew there was a new version out.

I agree, you are not alone. Selfishly I am hoping that it is only a few residential Smarthubs that have this problem. If it is then I agree that the finger of suspicion points at the firmware as the Business version has quite different firmware. As far as I am aware the hardware is the same.

Moderator and Customer

Leapy
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 3

I'm new to this, and have just switched my Plusnet Hub 1 to a BT Hub6a and firmware SG4B1000E01E it works fine Thumbs_Up and an improvementSmiley 

However, I have to ask, is there an update to the firmware or a better BT hub?

SAABDude
Grafter

@Leapy 

Re BT HH6 firmware, mine updated  on 28/07/2020 to:

SG4B1000E020

No problems seen so far.