Witter
Grafter

Re: Using the BT Smarthub 6 on a Plusnet Account

I will do thanks
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

@Witter 

As suggested by @LifeonMars ,  after Openreach have done their stuff the account has ro be activated by Plusnet. This can take up until midnight. See whether it's working in the morning.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Witter
Grafter

I will do.do I just leave the router as it is or reset it?
LifeonMars
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Leave it as it is as long as it has your usual passwords for plusnet  entered in the settings ie, yourusername@plusdsl.net and the password you used to connect to plusnet. ensure Smart set up tab is off.

Baldrick1

@Witter 

Providing that your username and password have not changed then just leave it. If it's not working in the morning try switching it off using the Smarthub on/off switch on the back, leave it a minute then switch it back on.

Moderator and Customer

mechanic123
Aspiring Pro

- confused by eBay listing!

Amazon lists some Smarthub devices as 'locked' but the eBay listings don't seem to distinguish these. Are locked HH6 devices usable on PN or not? And how to tell if it's locked before laying out the cash? This is on a VDSL connection to PN.

LifeonMars
Seasoned Pro

Re BT Smart hubs

If you were to purchase one from a BT shop then it would presently work with plusnet and BT only.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@mechanic123, a highstreet-brought hub will be unlocked. Any device that has been acquired through a BT-contracted service will be locked to certain 'realms' (bit after the '@' in your broadband username).

Plusnet realms are permitted, so whatever the weather, I'd expect the device to work with Plusnet.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

esoxecosse
Dabbler

I'm not using my Business Smart Hub if anyone would be interested in it, the model number is 088315, drop me an email on esoxecosse@googlemail.com if interested.

Cheers

MarkC

Witter
Grafter

According to the tech team the router is broke and I'm already activated apparently when I'm clearly not and the router is not broke as I used it in my last house,could I get connected by factory resetting the router?
LifeonMars
Seasoned Pro

Try a complete reset, remember to keep the pin in the back of the router reset for at least 30seconds

however do not put the dsl lead into the phone socket until you have entered  the correct username and password.

being yourusername@plusdsl.net and password.

previous passwords on a BT router did not accept strange characters like £$%^&*(£@ etc. But this may have changed with the new firmware.

Once entered, plug the dsl cable in and select the connect tab at top of the page

jwsg
Rising Star

Blaming the (known good) router was not a great bit of fault finding and if plusnet believe that they could easily  prove it by sending you a new Hub 1.

i would think the simplest explanations for not getting orange on the router are the likeliest - such as your new line not being properly connected to an active port in the fibre cabinet, but as you mentioned a recent socket change it would only take moments to plug the router into the test socket to eliminate the new socket too.

Witter
Grafter

I'm all connected now through the test socket and I was told to just use that,hey said it was probably a faulty faceplate but I even bought another mk4 faceplate and that didn't work either
Baldrick1

@Witter 

Do you have any extension cabling connected to the faceplate?

Moderator and Customer

Witter
Grafter

@Baldrick1 the engineer just got me to replace the nte5 with a 5c master socket by puting 2 wires in but there's no wires connected to the faceplate