Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using a Unifi USG with the Plusnet One Router

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 394

Re: Using a Unifi USG with the Plusnet One Router

Strange how the PlusNet router works fine..

@RobK Some routers cope with the bufferbloat situation better than others. Basically what is happening is that acknowledgement packets ( going upstream ) to download data are being delayed due to lack of bandwidth on the upstream. Some routers are able to prioritorise ack packets over normal upstream data whilst others dont.

From this https://community.ui.com/questions/USG-QOS-and-Bufferbloat/3e6c79a0-9682-4c0b-9eef-58b23224e449 it seems like enabling and correctly configuring Qos for upstream & downstream rates on the USG might be able to alleviate the problem. It might be worth a try...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

RobK
Dabbler

Thanks.

I've enabled Smart Queues on the WAN Port of the USG and using this website I have fine tuned it as close to max speed as possible without introducing Bufferbloat: http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest

Thanks for the tip, I'll monitor the speed for the next 48hrs.

RobK
Dabbler

3rd try to reply, why do my posts keep getting deleted...?Huh

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Posts released from Auto Spam Filter and duplicate removed.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 394

Glad that seems to have improved things

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.