cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using A BT Smarthub, An Update

John_Hull
Aspiring Pro

Re: Using A BT Smarthub, An Update

Thanks for all your help with this @Baldrick1 . I have a small query (I think)

With the help of your posts, I  set up my Smarthub a couple of months ago, but I've found that random pieces of kit will suddenly lose connection, and fail to connect, until I turn the hub off and on again.

Is there a fix for this?

John

Baldrick1
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 184

@John_Hull 

I have never come across this problem with a Smarthub. Have you separated the 2.4 and 5GHz bands as leaving them synchronised can cause connection problems, hence the instruction to separate them.

John_Hull
Aspiring Pro

Hi

Thanks for the response. I hadn't separated them, but will try it. It's a random thing. My wife's phone did it a bit, until I changed the settings so that it didn't randomise a Mac address, then it seemed to be fine, but every now and then a piece of kit loses connection, and won't reconnect

I have noticed that some devices connect on 2.4 sometimes and 5GHz at others. That was why I wanted to leave it for the system to decide which was best.

Again. Thanks for your help.

John

Baldrick1
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 184

@John_Hull 

If you connect the device to each band in turn turn then both channels will be available to the device. Consequently depending on the device, when it comes into range it will still have both available and depending on how good the device firmware is should still pick the best,

dejjones
Rising Star

@quelquod

Since I've reading this, and Baldrick1's other excellent thread, I get the feeling that I have a rare version of the BT Smarthub 6.

The box says it is a SI 7.0 Item Code 088044

The firmware version is v0.11.01.10191-BT and I have a blank "software variant" field.

This seems to be different to most of the software/firmware versions talked about in this discussion.

Your Advanced wireless page looks like mine, so was wondering if you had the same model as me?