cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to use internet - Router has orange light and orange b

numenore

Unable to use internet - Router has orange light and orange b

Hi there,

I’m unable to use the internet, my hub has a fixed orange light and occasionally an orange b comes on. Would someone be able to help me please?

Also on another note, whenever my TV is on I’m unable to use any other devices in my home that are connected to my WiFi, why is that?

Kind Regards
Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Re: Unable to use internet - Router has orange light and orange b

Hi @numenore, thanks for getting in touch and I'm sorry to hear you're having connection issues as of recent. I can see when checking the connection from this side we're picking up the router your side however we're seeing the router isn't in sync and our testing is pointing towards the home environment as the cause.
I'd advise then if you haven't already to factory reset the router in hopes that after doing so the connection springs back to life.

This can be done by pressing a pin, cocktail stick etc.. into the "reset hole on the back of the router for 5-15 seconds. You should see the router reboot and then within a few minutes hopefully this may have resolved the issue you're seeing.
Please let us know how it goes and if the connection look to return. Once you're back connected we'll happily provide steps and tweaks which will help with this connection type as it sounds like you've been having issues when the TV is in use.

numenore

Hi BD,

Unfortunately it’s still not working, I’ve been in touch with someone with Plusnet and I think they’re sending an engineer round tomorrow to have a look but thanks BD!
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Ah fair enough @numenore

Thanks for letting us know. Yeah I've tested the line this morning and an issue with the phone service has been identified. We're hoping to have this rectified by the end of the day, so let us know if you're back up and running or not tomorrow and we'll be happy to follow up. Smiley

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
numenore

Hi Adam,

All sorted now, engineer came earlier and fixed it. The router is faulty he said however but I’ll ring Plusnet tomorrow and inquire on getting a replacement.

Kind Regards
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Right @numenore

Both myself and our billing team are unable to access the account that's associated with your email address on the forum. Please send me another private message with as many details as you can including the account username, any Ticket numbers that you will have received on the emails we send, full name etc.

Adam
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Ah great stuff @numenore 

Really glad to hear that the issue has now been sorted. Please excuse the previous posts - they were sent in error due to a slight system issue on our side. I'm hoping the moderators will get rid of them soon. Smiley

Anyway, given the contractual situation on the account, we wouldn't be able to send a router out free of charge. If you did want to re-contract though, give our Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 and request a new router as well.

Adam