cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Hub One | 5GHZ

W1LDE

Plusnet Hub One | 5GHZ

Hello,

I have been advised to post in here with regards to the Hub one firmware issue with 5GHZ intermittent dropouts / freezes. Currently running on Plusnet Hub One | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.289.1.1 | Last updated 01/07/21.

Are plusnet looking to recall these substandard routers?

Thanks

James

11 REPLIES 11
dvorak
Fixes: 1,290

Re: Plusnet Hub One | 5GHZ

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Router

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 60

In a word no.

You are on the latest version of firmware.

What is your issue? Who advised to post here and why?

W1LDE

Via Twitter, I haven’t had 5ghz connected for some time due to the well documented issues, which should be fixed now?

please see screen shots attached from iPad / iPhone

0DDD3B5D-7A53-496D-A88A-3A42221A7544.jpegA99FDDFE-5E0D-407E-BF9E-F4D6D27ABF7C.pngE46E8FD7-1AEA-40F1-9E33-B3055A81E6D2.png

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 60

You might want to start again. 

Whilst some earlier firmware revisions had issues with 5Ghz WiFi, it has been fixed on your version.

Your attachments don't say what you are testing with, if you have split the frequencies, what results you get from a wired connection, if you have used a Wi-Fi  analyser to see if you are getting interference from other nearby routers, if you have tried a different device or even browser.

Starting again might be the best thing to do.

W1LDE

Sorry….. I’ve reactivated the 5ghz and these are the resultsover a wireless connection via an iPad and iPhone 12 Pro. No wired connection is an option. What WiFi analyser would you recommend for the devices? 

I would love to start again with another provider but I am tied into a contract, I’m sure that you appreciate the frustrations.

Baldrick1
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 215

@W1LDE 
Try splitting the 2.4 GHz bands. Some IPads don’t work well when they are synchronised. See. https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/2-4ghz-and-or-5ghz-best-practice/m-p/1351966#M840

W1LDE

Thanks Baldrick, I will try this.

W1LDE

Still suffering dropouts in connection, randomly been unable to connect to the internet for 30 or so seconds

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 62

Hiya @W1LDE I'm sorry to hear you are having some issues with your WiFi.

I have tested your line just to rule out any faults and this hasn't highlighted anything, everything looks good and we are also seeing a stable connection so it does look to be definitely WiFi related.

Are the drops solely occurring on the 5GHz wireless or do they drop when connected to the 2.4GHz too?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
W1LDE

It is the 2.4ghz channel, I’ve changed the name of the 5ghz connection and nothing should be running on this. It’s several devices that typically all stop at the same time, firesticks, phones and tablets 

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 85

Hi @W1LDE,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've reviewed your account and raised a further response via this support ticket on your account.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team