cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to remove devices from hub

Snipper

Unable to remove devices from hub

I have been trying to find how to remove some device's from my plusnet hub but im unable to do so. I can only pause devices but there's no block or remove function. I have loged into 192.168.1.254 to acsess the homepage and went to the device's tab but there isn't any way to remove some device's. when will there be a update to be able to remove or block device's that you don't recognise ?
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 280

Re: Unable to remove devices from hub

@Snipper Which devices? Do you know what they are? Are they ones which have previously been connected, but no longer are, or something else?

John
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 88

@Snipper 

The ability to remove devices is found in Advanced Settings >My Network >My Devices, this option maybe be missing if you are viewing the page via a mobile device (phone or tablet), so switch to 'desktop site' 

There is no way to block devices

I have found some devices become stuck and it is impossible to remove them, I found it necessary to factory reset the Hub. Push a pin in the small hole at the back for around 30 second and release when the front panel light goes out.

Removing a device will not stop it from connecting again, the wireless password would need changing to stop that.

HTH

Baldrick1
Fixes: 427

Moderator's Note

This topic has been moved from Broadband to My Router

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

GDshub2
Dabbler

I’m a new customer of Plusnet having had BT as my ISP more or less since the inception of the Internet and Wi-Fi.
I too found an issue with a previous device ( network camera)  that I was unable to ‘remove’ via advance settings on either Phone Tablet or  Desktop. Using the remove button (Advanced Settings/My Network) simply did not work!

I tried resetting the device, turning it off and on and yet it still showed up with its old ‘device name’ saying it was connected and yet, obviously, it wasn’t ?!

I didn’t want to do a factory reset, so I used the ‘Restart the Hub’ feature, waited until it had completed and then went to Advance Settings/My Network. Miraculously, the ‘remove’ button was now ‘highlighted’ and I was able to delete the old ‘device’ successfully. Tomorrow, when its daylight I’ll attempt to get it working and connected to the new router and I’ll let anyone interested know how I got on.

Cheers!

paul_blitz
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

So, looking at my Plusnet Hub2, on the "advanced network" settings page.

The list of device have two "types":

1) Icon to left is red, the "remove" button is white: these devices are currently active (in as much that, within the day - by default - they have renewed their 'DHCP provided address), and as such you can NOT remove them.

2)  Icon to left is white, the "remove" button is red: these devices are no longer active, pressing the red "remove" button will remove them from the list.

Of course, if they are later turned on and reconnect, they will just get added to the list again.

If you have extra WiFi access points connected by ethernet, then one device might show up twice: once on a wifi connection, once on an ethernet (where the extra AP is connected): I have my router downstairs, and an AP upstairs, and get this a lot for mobile phones & tablets.

If you go into the "address table" option in that page, then you can give your devices more friendly names, useful to help understand the devices on your wifi.